1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behold**THE Baddest Nordy VJ5 Classic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RockBoxBass, Jan 5, 2012.

1. RockBoxBass

RockBoxBass Supporting Member

Behold this work of Art. Carey is the man. This is a Heavily optioned instrument. Lets start with the neck. It's probably the most beautiful pieces of wood Ive ever seen. The Flame is amazing. Next, blocked and bound in Black. Nitro Pewter paint, the neck with a vintage tint and gloss. Nordstrand 2 band eq, VVT..b/t. The pickups are Big Singles in the 70's position, but modded. The pole pieces are at 22.5 degrees instead of 45. They have the clarity of a single with a lil less of the BS grunt. Awesome.
    I talked with Adrian, He said if you were to order this bass now, it would be $5300. This isnt your average Nordy. This is for the guy (or girl) that knows these basses, loves these basses, and knows this will be "the one". I currently own 8 Nordy Vj5's. This is the only Classic 34" scale . The Modern is my thing. Im gonna keep it that way. The color and look of this slays the stage. its pretty awesome. The only mark I could see was on the back and its pictured. I am the second owner. I got it from Calvin Turner, and he filled me in on the options. I cant be for 100% on the Nitro, but thats what I was told. It feels it and acts like it, but I will need to find out for you from the shop for sure.

Nordy VJ5 Classic
    34" scale
    70's Position
    Ash Body
    Maple Neck
    2 Band eq

Options
    Flamed Maple Neck
    Blocks and Bindings
    Vintage Tint on Neck
    High gloss paint
    Nitrocellulose paint
    Modded Big Singles
    Controls...
    Vol. (push/pull for active/passive)
    Vol.
    Passive Tone
    Bass/Treble stacked
    WEIGHT
    9.4 lbs on my br digital
    Ships in a nice Protec gig case.
    Ive included a link to many more hi res pics. please dont hesitate to ask questions.
    $2600. This is for sale only. Sorry, no trades. (unless the right Infinite Metal Werkz by Craig Gruber comes along) This price includes shipping to the Conus US.

The rest of the pictures HERE

2. Zuokie

Zuokie

Oct 25, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Oh my.

3. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    Nice bass! I didn't know they did Classics with Big Singles.

4. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Edgewater, Maryland
    What's the serial number?

5. RockBoxBass

6. RockBoxBass

Its # 237

7. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    Bump for a absolutely stunning bass and a super TBr. Somebody is going to be very happy............

8. Montanamike

Montanamike Mike Atkinson

Dec 23, 2009
    Hill City, SD USA
    Wow I own probably the only other classic with big singles, 70s spacing, and mine was Careys personal bass, proto I imagine.

Whoever buys this is in for a treat, I'm a classic kind of guy and this nails it. Someone buy this, you will never look back.

9. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Bump for a killer bass from a great dude!

10. RockBoxBass

Thanks for all the kind words. This bass is really special. If you have a cash offer, I will work with you. I like no fees! :)

11. RockBoxBass

yummy

12. Very Nice! I've got Big singles in 70's position. Someone is going to love this bass!

13. RockBoxBass

incredible new price bump.

14. PM sent. Bitchin bass!

15. RockBoxBass

All pms answered.

16. Killer bass, what is Calvin playing these days 5 string wise?

What is the tonal difference between this and a standard VJ5c?

17. austentaciousC

austentaciousC

Mar 17, 2010
    beautiful..i wood bye a bass from this man!!!

18. RockBoxBass

Sorry, I dont know what he's playin now.

Tone wise...Id say its just a little bigger and fatter. But all in all, Its a very focused, clear, yet dominating instrument. The neck pup on this slays...