1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Behrinber EP series good or not

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by speakermaniac16, Oct 5, 2013.

1. speakermaniac16

speakermaniac16

Apr 30, 2013
    Ok so I have been doing research on behringers EP series. Tons of people say they very good, reliable, and have pretty good sound quality. Then theres people that say Avoid. Right now I have a crown xti 4002 for the mids and the highs. Now I have a crown xti 4002 for some JBL mrx 518s. I do outside gigs and mostly all the time the thermal switch on the crowns goes off during the middle of the gig for the subs.Never for my my mids and highs. Yes I do push the crowns hard, but I am thinking of getting some more subs and getting a dual mrx 528s. In order to do this I will sell the crown and get 2 EP 4000 and keep the level on 1 ep 4000 down for that mrx 528s. My question is, is will the behingers be good for this. I have an ep 2500 for monitors and it never has hiccuped and I run it hard as well and sounds good too. I am on a strict budget so I would really prefer the behringer. Just want some opinions on them as far as putting them on subs.:D

2. Hi.

That duty they do pretty well, if You don't mind the weight and relatively poor $/Watt ratio.
    Unless You're pushing 4 or 6 monitors with it or if the band is deaf, the possibility of overstressing it on that duty is minimal.

Then IME/IMO look elsewhere, at least if You're shopping new.

I wouldn't.

The drummer I played with for years, had one in his PA.
    While it was OK for the (Bose 802) mains and even his low power Eminence equipped Peavey bottoms, it failed several times with his 18" Kilomax equipped sub.

Regards
    Sam