Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer 120W combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaymeister99, Sep 26, 2005.

1. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    Im looking to get a bigger practice amp that can give some decent sound. I got a 15w Fender Rumble, not bad but doesnt give any real solid bass. Has anybody tried the Behringer BX1200 120W combo?

Is it any good or should I bite the bullet and spend $300 for a Fender or SWR 100 watt?

2. RyanMitchell

RyanMitchell

Sep 17, 2005
  3. Supernova67

Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    Michigan
    I have it.......it's decent if your just starting out, but after a while you realize how much it really dose suck. If you do buy it, i hope you dont like trebel, because of you turn it up past about 0 you get a really bad hissing noise. I'm getting a Avatar 2x12 and ashdow mag300 around christmas to replace it. My suggestion is you spend a little more and get something that's a little heigher quality then behringer.

4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Plus many have had horror stories with Berhinger reliability, such as my band's guitarist.

5. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    Thanks after looking through the posts on that other thread I dont think the Behringer is good for me. Probably decent if you want a relatively powerful amp and you are just a beginner it might suffice, but Im looking for something I can play with a guitarist if I have to, and also looking for some quality sound without going overboard.

Think Im better off spending the extra $100 for a Rumble 100.