1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Behringer 410 Bass cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by javier69, Apr 24, 2010.

1. javier69

javier69

Mar 6, 2008
    Tell your experience with this cab, I know it sounds veryy loud and have an interesting punch... but how's going with you (of course if you got one of this cab)
    [​IMG]

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Never owned one nor do I ever plan on owning one because Behringer amps and cabs are pure crap. Do yourself a favor and find something a lot better.

Also if you do a search you'll find more than enough info on Behringer stuff around here and most will agree they are crap.

3. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    This was my first amp. I paired it with their 3000xt head. It is not crap as some might say, because mine was well built and reliable, but IT SOUNDS LIKE CRAP. Maybe i lucked out because some people report blowing speakers in very short periods of time. Mine was loud and tough and withstood a year or so of hardcore punk gigs in gutter bars and parks... VERY HEAVY. Again its sound leaves something to be desired. Forget about any definition or clarity. This cab has none. Very boomy cab. It can't handle the low notes very well, anything below a G and the cab was farting up... Forget about drop tuning or a low B. The heads are good for the money, the cabs not so much. I'd suggest getting a used cab, get better quality for a better price.

4. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    no

5. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    I've used the 210 with aluminium cones, and dug it.

For the money, a good sounding cab, just way too heavy. And of course for more money you can buy something lighter and nicer sounding.

Get the aluminium cones if you buy a behringer cab. They take (slightly) less power to get the same volume, and are clearer.

6. This needs to be in the amps forum.:eyebrow:

7. Jody Robinson

Jody Robinson Banned

Mar 4, 2010
    Canada
    I used one and thought it was pretty good! It handles a lot of power!
    However, your back will break loading it in and out! the wheels are on it for show, as they are practically useless....

8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Friends don't let friends play Behringer... :p

MM

9. 2-Sticks

2-Sticks

Sep 8, 2008
    Vancouver B.C. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: S.I.T. Strings, Nordstrand Pickups, WB Gear,
    I have had one of these cabs for about 4 years, and strictly use it for the ocassional rehearsal, or jam. I actually don't mind the sound of this cab, and find it holds up fairly well to drop tunings, however it will need a heck of a lot of power to do so. I find these cabs to be incredibly inefficient.

I bought it because it fit in the back seat of my 4 door sub-compact, and it was cheap. I needed an altenative to my 8x10, for small jams and such. I run a BDDI into a Carvin HD1800 power amp, and run this cab off one channel....as I said these cabs require gobs of power to sound clear.

You could easily find a better used cabinet for your money, but these do the job well enough.

Thats just my $0.02.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Considering that the sound of a cab is arguably its paramount characteristic, could not one conclude that, if it sounds like crap, it IS crap?

11. javier69

javier69

Mar 6, 2008
    jajjaaj good one!:D

12. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I've never play or own a "Behringer" 4x10 before, but i did play on a "Behringer" 15" combo (100watt) and i can tell you that the sound is completely crap. I thought my old Ashdown EB180 is bad but this brand is even worse. It farts out easily and no clarity at all. I didn't get the booming sound but i did get alot of hiss treble on the combo i play.

One suggestion would be stay away from "Behringer" otherwise you wil be regret in the future.

Just buy Ashdown MAG cabs which is cheap and sound decent as well for the price.

13. tat2jon

tat2jon

Dec 5, 2014
    I own a Behringer with 4 10s and I love it, I have owned more expensive amps in the past but this one is my favorite as far as sound is concerned but I wish it wasn't so heavy.