1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Behringer 450 or Ha3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by woody357, Jun 1, 2007.

1. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    I have about $300.00 I need a head, before anyone suggest Ampeg, if I had the money I would not post this thread. I am using a Acoustic 370 head, but it is old and I just want to have it as a back up. I want something that has good tone with around 300 watts. I found two Ha3500 for $270 they are in good cond. and I know the Behringer 450 runs around the same price. I have never used any of them so I am really open to suggestions. Please help.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    300W from one manufacturer does not equal 300W from another. Not unless they measure to the same consumer standards.

You may be able to use a head of lower stated wattage and be as loud as a head with a higher stated wattage. Even if wattage was accurately stated, there's not a lot of difference between a 250W verses 300W head. You should also checkout Ashdowns, GK's ... at the same price.

4. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    That Behringer head is a very nice head, and then you could add "for the price", but regardless, it is a good head on its own. I don't have experience with the others. Good luck.

5. Hi, woody357

My opinion about the cheaper barands is that unless there is a schematic available, someone with a budget shouldn't bother with them.

Behringer products are decent for their price, like Tim stated, and I use their equipment. I'm also good with the fact that those thingies cannot be repaired, and once something gives it's scrap. Plus the resale value is next to nothing.

I'd go for the Hartke or some other brand that has the support as they should have.

Just my 0.02€
    Sam

6. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Betwen those 2, Hartke 3500 all the way.
    Also consider the Carvn B800, Ashdown MAG300 or a GK400-700used

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2021