1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer amps :(

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Dec 8, 2003.

1. ok, help me out here. I'm at my doing my songs, playing it through my behringer BX1200. all of a sudden, something strange happened. all of a sudden the volume (or something) went haywire and it was going at full volume (yes it was overdriving) the volume controls never were changed although the guitar player was next to my amp, but i looked back and the controls were still at the normal settings, and it just overdrived. and just my luck, right in the middle of the song it went back to normal, so the volume went from really loud to quietin a second and it sounded like the bass totally dropped out! d'oh! what happened?? would it be a faulty volume pot?? please help, this isn't the first time it happened!!
    Charlie

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    the lead to your bass may have come out/loose, teh lead into the amp may have done the same or mabye there was a powersurge, but thats unlikely.

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Most likely it's a bad solder connection somewhere in the circuit. Off to the shop with it!!!