Behringer And Avatar, Or Just Hartke?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by supernaut_1, Feb 2, 2004.

1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    ok, i'm getting either the hartke vx3500, or a behringer bx3000 with an avatar 410. this is not a "which would suit my sound" thread, it's just, in general, meaning, build quality, reliablilty, sound, etc., which is better. i know most of are you experienced, to say the least, with bass amplification. so i'm sure you are all familiar with this equitment. but hyperlinks are fun so i'll just post links anyway.

Hartke VX3500:

Or This Configuration:

Behringer BX3000:

With This:

2. townsley

Nov 10, 2003
    Portland, OR
    I've got the Behringer amp and an Avatar 1X15 with a horn. In both cases, I was pleased with the economy pricing and downright giddy with the sound quality. I can't speak for reliability as I've only had the combo for about a month now, but so far I think it's great. I definitely had to buy on a budget and now I've got a LOT of sound, a lot of breadth of tone, and a lot of volume to work with. In the past I've had Peavey combos, a Marshall head on top of an 8X10, and now this. I'd put this setup on par, sound wise, with my previous rigs.

It could be that the amp breaks or the speaker blows way too soon and then I'll change my tune. Until then, the combination of price and excellent sound made this a a great value for me.
  3. Janyeno

Feb 2, 2004
    the behringer head is really good for its price... it does its job finely
  4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'd say Behringer/Avatar setup. The Hartke VX Speakers are pretty weak IMO.