Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Bass Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jaye, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Has anyone had a chance to try these out yet? They are doing both a standard paper cone version and an Aluminum cone version (ala. Hartke). They are doing 1x15, 2x10, 4x10, and 8x10 models in each configuration and the prices are stupid low. I am looking to branch out more and these would fit into my budget so that I can get a couple of each and have a swiss army rig so to speak, but I haven't had a chance to get any playing time on them yet, any opinions?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I briefly tried the Aluminum cone 4x10 at Guitar Center. I didn't care for it...but the Hartke 4x10 that I owned fell out of favor too and left the stable.

Does your local GC have anymore half price SWR Workingman series cabinets?...those sound much better to my ears...both the 4x10 and the 1x15...

3. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I heard one of the paper-cone 4/10s (with the 300 watt Behringer head) the other day. The guy at the music store was playing a four string through it and it sounded pretty good. Not the best, mind you, but for the money not a bad deal.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Just for giggles, I plugged into one last week at a local shop. I expected dookie, and I got dookie. Took me two minutes to go "bah!". The Hartke sounded much, much better, and that isn't even saying a lot.

Behringer: inferior gear for people who can't afford the real thing. (Please don't argue about this, opinions vary. This is just MY opinion!!!).

5. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    HEY...Just a minute there... :mad:

Oh OK :D

Personally, I've had great luck with my ever growing inventory of Behringer stuff...from Vamp Pro to MX3282A

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    That's just my way of throwing a snowball at someone, then running away before they can throw one back!!!!

7. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    As a Behringer owner I totally agree with you. At the time I couldn't afford anything better and went with the Behringer. Now I'm saving up for somthing "real".

8. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Oh I know, and my post was typed with one big ol' smile on my face! :D

9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I didn't feel like typing it all again (Behringer ) so I quote myself! :D