Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro Noise question(s)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dagrev, Oct 28, 2006.

1. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Need some help from Bass V-Amp users!

I recently got a Bass V Amp Pro and have been noticing noise or distortion in some of the presents. Some of this clears up by removing a cab sim. (I'm playing through my amp and cab.) Not sure that's normal.

I changed and moved some presets and many of them now have distortion and noise as well.

Additionally some of the noise I get sounds electrical in that it
    almost sounds like a loose connection or cable (but I can't find
    anything loose).

The unit is one year old (and version 1.09) so I'm not sure its the battery--but maybe it is? Is this in some way normal? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!
    DG

2. Changing the battery would be a good start. Then, reduce the volume of your bass to see if the distortion cleans up. If it's possible, reduce the input gain on the presets in question. Other than that there's not much you can do.

3. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    On the [email protected] version, I had to do a LOT of work with gain settings (and you may have a GLOBAL gain). I remember having to reset almost every preset I wanted to use. But once I did that, the 7 or 8 presets I used were great.
    Did this JUST start?
    Also, maybe start with a factory reset just in case you goofed something up.
    Also, there were a lot of output settings L1/L2/S1/S2, etc... which were very different. Maybe you have it set to the wrong one?

4. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll try a new battery just to rule it out.

More info: The unit is new--just dated that it was made a year ago.

It has always had some of the noise problems, but that's not saying much as I've only had it a week.

I have tried to reduce the gain on some presets and oddly enough it gets worse by reducing it in some cases.

I do notice I have no problem with effects when by-passing the pre amp.

Any other suggestions are greatly appriciated!

5. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I seem to have found the solution(s). It seems I did not have the volume up enough for the VAmp to pick up the signal. So far, as long as I keep the volume and gain high enough to keep the digital signal light on there is no problem. (I also changed one cable out for a newer one, thought it was not giving me trouble when the VAmp was not in use.) So I think it was a combination of the two.

In any event, there is little to no noise and the sound is not breaking up. It is sounding like I hoped and even better in some cases.

Thanks again for the imput.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021