1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Behringer Bass V-amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by brutalfart, Oct 10, 2006.

1. So I'm very new to bass effects and I purchased this processor but after reading the instruction manual I'm still not sure how to use it and actually make it sound good. I was wondering what kind of settings other people use so I could try them out. A Geddy Lee sound or metally sound would be best.

2. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    I don't own one, but I did have the blue version. There were quite a few usable tones out-of-the-box. I read several reviews about the bass version that say the same thing. I know that the bass version also is for piano and acoustic guitar, but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't find at least a couple cool tones.
    If you bought it used, or if it was opened and demo'ed, maybe do a factory reset? That may help.
    Anyhow, that should be a very good box for a preamp. But again, I have not used one. Maybe this is the opposite of the typical Behringer basher without experience? ;-)

Edit: I remember that there were also a number of settings like S1, S2, L1, L2 (or whatever). They sounded worlds apart, and they were not all good - you need to be aware of that, and be sure to set that up correctly. Also, use headphones at first to see how it "should" sound, then listen through your cabs and tweak.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021