Behringer Bass V Amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sdguyman, May 1, 2003.

1. sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    Behringer has come out with the Bass V Amp and V amp Pro. It will hit the states around October. It is my understanding that it is available in the EU. Anyone there seen one or used one? has the Bass V Amp Pro advertised for $199.99.

If it is anything comparable to the Line 6 Bass POD, I say its a steal for the price. Does anyone have any info other than the Press Releases on the Net?:)
  2. Over here in Europe everybody seems quite happy with their V-Amp's for guitar. They all say it isn't as good as the POD's but for the price it cannot be beaten.
  3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    not in the shops yet.

but really on demand...
  4. I'm kind of curious about this preamp. Anyone have one yet?
  5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I got one. :D

Its exactly the same as the guitar v-amp, its got ALOT of sounds. I dont know weather its good or bad, i havent had anything like it before.

What would you guys like to know?
  6. sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    What do you think of it? Does the amp models seem good? Have you plugged in a electric guitar into it? An accoustic guitar? a Keyboard? How is it to a POD, if you have ever plugged into one? I know you said you dont have one but I dont either, but I've plugged into one.
    I'm waiting for the bass v amp pro to come out. It should be available in July.
  7. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Musicians Friend is listing it in their most recent catalog for $139!!!! That is a steal I think!

If it has a pretty good SVT sound to it I'll be all over that like white on rice! I may replace my sansamp with this bad boy. Please keep us posted on the sound quality! I wouild be extremely interested in the Ampeg SVT type sounds. That may emulate.
  8. godlikenothing

May 25, 2003
    I'm interested in hearing what it is like. At $139 it seems like a great deal and I've been looking into getting a multieffect due to my lack of funds for individuals.
  9. pshift

May 30, 2003
    Downstate NY
    $139 for the "POD" version, $199 for the "PRO" rackmount version.
  10. rdkill

Jan 20, 2003
    I have the "Bass V-Amp Pro" and bought it specifically to get a better SVT sound than my Sansamp. The emulation really is great, as is the B-15 emulation. The only thing about the SVT emulation is the gain available was too low for my passive bass - but I turned on the emulated "Booster Line Driver" and cranked that puppy up and it overdrives great! The Sansamp gets real close but this guy gets it dead on.