Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer BDI21/ADI21 question for you - Riddle me this one Batman!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Feb 23, 2006.

1. OK, so I'm going to either buy the BDI21 + the Bass EQ, or the ADI21 + the Compressor/Sustainer. I want mid control, but I also want presence control. With the BDI21 I get the presence and I would think that the Bass EQ would allow me to boost the mids. The ADI21 would give me mid control, and the tone control on the sustainer apparently controls presence.

On the BDI21 you can get an SVT sound by boosting bass and presence, and cutting treble. You get the Bassman by reversing the SVT setting. Should I be able to do the same with the ADI21/Compressor combo? The bass, treble, level, and blend on the BDI and the ADI are the same. Should I be able to set the ADI bass, treble, blend, and level at the same as the BDI for the SVT sound, boost the tone on the compressor and get a similar SVT sound to the BDI + have mid control?

Thanks!

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    If I were you, I'd go for BD+EQ cus then you have a drive knob as well...

3. Thanks! I'm actually leaning that way, to be honest. I've heard that the DI from the BDI21 is a bit weak so I bought the Behringer Preamp/booster. Would the level control on the EQ boost the BDI21's output as well?

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    If you put the boost before you'll just increase the dist, but if you put it after you'll make it louder.

5. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    It's plenty hot.

6. It won't need the boost? Would the Bass EQ work as a headphone amp if I put it after the BDI? Do you think the BDI, the Bass EQ, and the Compressor/Sustainer would be a good combo?

7. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    No.
    Not sure.
    Yes.

:)

If you're exploring finding your own personal tone, I'd lay off the Compressor until you have the rest of it the way you want it. [I haven't really found compressors that were a fit for me, but this is very subjective.]