Behringer BDI21 level when recording with Delta 1010 DAW

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by topperdoggle, Apr 28, 2012.

1. topperdoggle

topperdoggle

Apr 28, 2012
    Hi all, first post. :)

I'm trying to use my Behringer BDI21 DI modeller / preamp to record on my DAW with a M-Audio Delta 1010 soundcard.

I originally had it connected from the BD121 balanced output to the 1010 via a XLR - TRS cable. But the signal was very quiet, even when I flicked the -10 / +4 button on the Delta

I tried using the unbalanced output via a standard patch lead, and it was louder, but still not anywhere as near my other tracks.

Have I missed something here? Why is the signal so quiet compared to, say, the guitar signal from my Behringer V-Amp?

Interested to hear any comments.

2. DuraMorte

DuraMorte

Mar 3, 2011
    As long as you're getting about -20dBFS of input signal, you should be OK. Don't worry if the rest of the tracks are louder; just turn them down.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021