Behringer BTR2000 Vs Polytune

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Blade3dge, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Blade3dge

Blade3dge

May 19, 2009
    Hi there guys, just hoping you could weigh in and help me out with choosing a rack tuner. Basically at the moment I'm using a floor pedal Polytune for all my tuning.... Tuny... Ness and I was hoping to move over to a rack mount tuner, with the obvious barrier being that this **** is damn expensive. That is except for the BTR2000 which at a glance seems to have all the features I need in a tuner, so my question was: Aside from the multiple-string tuning feature which I never use how does the Behringer compare to the Polytune? I know it gets a lot of hate but for all I know that could only be in comparison to other rack tuners, as long as it's not a downgrade I'll gladly swap over my Polytune for it as I'm getting tired of the time it takes to set up a amp and pedalboards seperately at shows when I could compress all my gear into a single rack.

2. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    I had the BTR2000 for a very short time.. I did not do so well when tuning lower then an E... I could tune a 5 string B but it was very dodgy.. go with the polytune

3. Blade3dge

Blade3dge

May 19, 2009
    I don't use a 5-string but I do often play drop tuning with my E string tuned all the way down to C. That being said though I'm very intent on swapping all my gear over to rackmount gear so I can cut my setup time for gigs. Are there any equally cheap rackmounts out there that work?

4. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    Used korg ones pop up in the TB classifieds all the time for about the same price as that one is new.

5. I've had a behringer - was terrible. Had a korg dtr2000 which was fancy but unnecessary, now have a polytune and love it. Korg pitch-black has also been a solid floor tuner I've used.

6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I have a BTR2000 in my rack. Low E sometimes takes a bit to register, but low B no worse. It really isn't that great, but it stays in my rack because the rack lights are pretty nice.