Behringer BTR2000 Vs Polytune

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Blade3dge, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Blade3dge

Blade3dge

May 19, 2009
    Hi there guys, just hoping you could weigh in and help me out with choosing a rack tuner. Basically at the moment I'm using a floor pedal Polytune for all my tuning.... Tuny... Ness and I was hoping to move over to a rack mount tuner, with the obvious barrier being that this **** is damn expensive. That is except for the BTR2000 which at a glance seems to have all the features I need in a tuner, so my question was: Aside from the multiple-string tuning feature which I never use how does the Behringer compare to the Polytune? I know it gets a lot of hate but for all I know that could only be in comparison to other rack tuners, as long as it's not a downgrade I'll gladly swap over my Polytune for it as I'm getting tired of the time it takes to set up a amp and pedalboards seperately at shows when I could compress all my gear into a single rack.

2. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    I had the BTR2000 for a very short time.. I did not do so well when tuning lower then an E... I could tune a 5 string B but it was very dodgy.. go with the polytune

3. Blade3dge

Blade3dge

May 19, 2009
    I don't use a 5-string but I do often play drop tuning with my E string tuned all the way down to C. That being said though I'm very intent on swapping all my gear over to rackmount gear so I can cut my setup time for gigs. Are there any equally cheap rackmounts out there that work?

4. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    Used korg ones pop up in the TB classifieds all the time for about the same price as that one is new.

5. I've had a behringer - was terrible. Had a korg dtr2000 which was fancy but unnecessary, now have a polytune and love it. Korg pitch-black has also been a solid floor tuner I've used.

6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I have a BTR2000 in my rack. Low E sometimes takes a bit to register, but low B no worse. It really isn't that great, but it stays in my rack because the rack lights are pretty nice.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021