Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer BX1200 Owners.......Question???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TampaBlues, Nov 9, 2002.

1. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and I really like it, alot of features for very little $$$. I bought one after reading positive reviews on it gathered from this site and the Harmony Central amp database, My question is this. My amp's Bass control doesn't seem to add a significant amount of bass. The amp is way punchy but I want a bit more bottom end and growl.The ultrabass feature adds some bass but sounds more like some kind of echo effect and doesn't seem to track quite like it should, so have any of you expearinced this or is there something wrong with the one I have? When you use your Bass control does it add alot of beefy bass? Mine doesn't add as much as I would like. Since I have only had it a couple of weeks and I bought it from Musician's friend I can return it and exchange it. I guess I just want to know if any of you have experienced the same thing or feel the same way about the bottom end tone of the amp.:confused:

2. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    What is this supposed to mean??:confused:

3. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I was recently in the market for a good combo amp and looked into these. They are pretty much a knockoff of the Hartke Kickback 12's but priced quite a bit lower. You get what you pay for I guess as I had the same impression. Good punchy sounds but lacking in thunder. I played an SWR Workingman 12 in the same store and it was like night and day. I didn't want to pop for the 550 bucks for the WM12 however, so with a little patience, I found one on Ebay in like new condition for under 300 bucks. For a 50lb amp, it will rattle the windows and wake up the neighbors. I love it. There is one that has been up for sale a couple of times on Ebay now and the guy keeps lowering his reserve. Last time he posted it I think his reserve was 300. If you email him, he might be willing to deal on it rather than relist it one more time. Here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=919383814

4. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Thanks LOJOE!!