Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer BX1200 Ultrabass 120W

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SyntaxError, Oct 11, 2003.

1. SyntaxError

SyntaxError

Sep 24, 2003
    I'm probably going to be buying a Behringer BX1200 Ultrabass 120W
    in the near future. The main reason is it's incredibly low price, but, I have recently heard that Behringer is known for making inferior products... can I get some advice on this please?

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    im gonna get teh ultrsbass bx3000t (i think thats what it is) head.

People have said that behringer rips off other products, ashdown, mackie etc, and then produces them in third world countries employing people and not paying them very much, its does kinda bother me, but, i cant afford anything else, i have to choose between my love of playing and my morals, im sorry, but bass wins on this one.

3. Everything you have said is true, it's not a rumor.

Behringer is cheap equipment and it will not last you very long. So in the long run you should save your money and buy good euipment and not equipment that will break down all the time!

You get what you pay for. Remember these words when the Behringer equipment takes a dump on you!

The sad thing is Behringer targets your age group too!
    [​IMG]
    Treena

4. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I second that. I was stuck with a crummy 10 watt thing. Saw the behringer bx600 for £119 thought it was a bargain. It sounded great, only becuase i had to put up with a distorted guitar amp. Then when i put the bass onto 0 and the low mid on about -4 and the volume onto about 5 it distorts majorly. It says 60 watts but it distorts at about 30 watts. I would never buy one again, but i am stuck with it. Ah well i will have to be saving up for my ampeg svt now

5. basssax

basssax

Oct 14, 2003
    Washington,D.C.
    I beg to differ on the quality. I have had two Ultabass 1200's for a year now, and one will work for crowds up to 200 people (and I mean dance crowds!) and I bring the second along for anything over that. They just stay in the van. The craftmanship is great, very portable, if they get stolen, I just shell out $250 for a new one.As far as the foreign work ethics go, throw away your computers and Nikes, while we're at it, right?