Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer BX1200 Ultrabass

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Buddy Lee, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

May 5, 2002
    Anyone tried this combo?

2. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    I was wondering about that one myself. It looks like it would be a bit better than the Hartke just because it doesn't have the aluminum cone and has more patching options. Even if the preamp wasn't too hot, you would still have the effects loop to patch an external preamp (Sansamp, LRBaggs, ...) into.

3. Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

May 5, 2002
    And it's pretty affordable!

4. I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone on the db side of the board has had any experience with this amp. I've heard a pretty wide range of opinions about it from the bg side, and in various reviews I've found around the net. I played through one with my db, but it was a pretty quiet gig so I hardly had the amp turned up at all.

I was thinking about getting it as kind of a backup or practice amp, and also using it on some quieter gigs. The only amp I have now is a Carvin 2X10 combo with a 600 watt head, total weight around 80 lbs. A lot of the gigs I do with just the db are quiet enough that I only need a little bit of amplification, so the behringer amp sounds to me like it would make a pretty nice second amp (and if I were to get a second amp I would be looking for one in about that price range).

5. I can confirm that this is a GREAT little amp.
    I bought mine here in Aussie for $500.00 they normally retail for $650.00. I thought the same way that it would double as a back up amp however,from three days into using this little amp it has become my preferred amp out of the other two I have.They being GK-400 and a Trace Elliot Combo.
    The sound from the Behringer walks over both amps and at a third of the price.The two channels also are a bonus with the Ultra sound.