Behringer BX3000T reliability

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman1185, Aug 19, 2004.

1. I know a few of you in here have Behringer BX3000T (or whatever they're called) heads. I was wondering, now that you've had them for a while, what do you think? Are they reliable? I've had some good experiences with Behringer and some bad ones. I'm considering buying one and pairing it with an Avatar 2x12.
  2. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I love mine, I've only had it for about 6 months, but it has served me very well. For about 3 of the shows my band played with another local band, their bassist used it too, and I never once had a problem with it. I think it's an awesome buy, even if you're not just trying to save money.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I can't comment on reliability, but I was completely blown away by this amp when I heard it/played through it and a Workingman's 1x15 at Guitar was amazingly loud and toneful and only $229.99....

I too am curious about how they hold up.
  4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Mine has been holding up well ever since christmas.
  5. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I've only had a mine a couple months but have loved it since I got it. Better than the Carvin I had before.

I usually don't like to color my tone if I can help it but I finally started tweaking and I'm diggin' the Ultrabass function.
  6. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I have one, and I pair it with one of my Avatar 212s for small-medium gigs. It never loses its cool, it sounds damn good, I don't use the octaver unless I'm intentionally being annoying, and I have no problems with it. Plus, it weighs a LOT less than my 1400-watt rack. I can generally get the cab, head, cord bag, mic stand, and bass all in one trip. Everyone loves the way it sounds, and I love the way it didn't hurt my wallet...
  7. Luigi

Dec 3, 2003
    Had it for about six months now, bought it right before they jacked up the price. I have pushed it on a few occassions, so far so good. No need no push it anymore, for bigger gigs I use it as a pre-amp with a QSC power amp. I'm keeping my fingers crossed ;)
  8. well i dont have the head but i have owned a thunderbird practise amp for almost 3 years and i havent had a problem, except that a small spark came from the switch, which got replaced, but its going strong after almost every day use