Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer BX3000T Ultrabass 300W Bass Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CPL, Nov 5, 2003.

1. CPL

CPL

Aug 24, 2003
    New England Area. USA
    I've noticed this amp in the Musician's Friend catalogue. It costs new under $200. Anyone know anything about this head? Has anyone had any experience with it? Just curious.

2. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    While there are other threads I don't think anyone has really given much of a review of it yet. Buy it and let us know what you think.

3. JV1080

JV1080 Banned

Jul 10, 2006
    Look in your a-hole.

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I smell a troll

5. CPL

CPL

Aug 24, 2003
    New England Area. USA
    I smell a loser.

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Clever boy.

7. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I have a BX3000T head, and it was my main gig head for several years. I bought it on a lark, figured it was $199, if I didn't like it I could have a decently-powered practice amp. But it really sounded good, and I never had a minute's problem with it. I might be selling mine soon to a friend who's in need and low on cash. For a low-buck throw-down amp, it's a great way to go (business practices notwithstanding- to be fair, I bought mine before I knew about their corporate reputation).

8. Marksb_2000

Marksb_2000

Jun 2, 2006
    Atlanta, Ga
    If Price is an issue go to your nearest pawn shop and get some old used Peavey gear. It will hold up forever while you are saving money for your dream rig.

9. i play one in my rehersal room. sound pretty good, great value for money. however, i wouldnt buy behringer gear as long as i have the money for "the real deal"..

10. there are some behringer things that really are value for money... IMO, this is NOT one of them... well, then again, you get what you paid for... but compare it to most other amps in the same power range, and you can tell from the price difference that there has to be something wrong with it...

I hated that amp. a friend of mine had one, coupled with a behringer 2x10 and it blew chunks. Big time.

On the other hand, I had one of those bx1200 combos and quite liked them... for practice and portability... still, the sound quality wasnt outstanding, but a practice combo is a practice combo and a Bass head is something completely diferent that is truly worth spending more IMO.