Behringer BX3000T Ultrabass 300W Bass Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Basroil, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    He, I was looking into a cheap cab/head configuration, but my budget is small. I was thinking of that cheap Behringer head, but Im a little iffy about it because of the price. Anyone have any experience with this head? Would I be better off just using 70$ more and getting a Ashdown Electric Blue head?
  2. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    which head to you sounds better when you tried them?

Good luck with this thread.
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I can't speak for the Behringer, because I don't own one, but I do have an Electric Blue head I keep at our practice space. It is what it is. A cheap way to get sound into your speakers. It doesn't sound bad, but obviously, it is no botique. It has a usuable EQ, although the "sub bass" feature is virtually worthless. For a "just starting out" or practice head, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. I assume they are probably made in the same place the Behringers are, but I'd tend to go with the Ashdown just for ethical considerations. If you are concerned about watts, though, the Behringer is a higher wattage amp.
  4. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    I bought an Ashdown Mag 300H for about $250. I like the sound that it produces, but I am not sure about the Behringer. Check out Harmony Central for reviews on both of them.
    Harmony Central.
  5. I own a Behringer BX3000T. I have no experience with the Ashdown.
    The Behringer is not a bad bass head. I think the 3000 is underpowered (unless you run the deep, bright, and subbass) and would recommend buying the newer BX4500T which is rated at 450 watts. Sells for just about the same as the 3000, and is virtually the same amp. Never try to skimp on watts when choosing a bass head.
    I like the head for its price. It's been dependable for me, as I've gigged hard with it for a little over a year with no problems.
    One feature that I really like on the Behringer is the "shape" control, something that is not featured on the lower-priced Ashdowns. You have to spend a bit more money to get that.
    The shape allows nice tweaking of the sound (kinda scoops the mids) and the footswitch is nice too.

For the money, I have no major complaints.

6. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    If you search this forum, you're gonna find a Whole Lotta Dialog about the head and Behringer in general.

My quick two cents: they're good. If you get one, buy the 450 watt. As a matter of fact, I think the 300 watters that still exists are only out there from old stock. I don't think they are going to manufacture the 300 anymore.

If you get it, burn it in. Push it repeatedly. If it doesn't fail, you probably have one that will last. If it does fail, you're inside the exchange time, and you can start over again.