Behringer BX3000T yes or no?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bluerskiesburnt, Mar 26, 2004.

1. :help:
    I desperately want to get a new rig.
    I've got about 350 bucks.
    I saw the Behringer BX3000T it looks awesome, but is it worth it and if it is can you reccomend any cabs to go with it? It has a 300 max watt output at 4 ohms.
  2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Yes, it is worth it. I have one and play with a loud drummer and a loud guitar player. It will keep up with them without really working that hard. After buying the head you will have 150.00 to put toward your cabinet. Options are kind of limited unless you can find a deal on a used one or buy an Ebay special like Legion, etc. By the way, here comes the flood of Behringer bashing to hijack your thread!
  3. dmielke

Mar 25, 2004
    Personally, I'd either wait and get the new Ashdown MAG 300 for $300 or go used and get a good deal. There are many good deals to be found if you want to go used.

Just my $.02

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yeah, I'd spend another $100 for 7 watts more!! :rolleyes: I'm sure the Ashdown is a better made product but hey, sometimes cashflow is slow and you gotta do what you gotta do. Get the Behringer. There's nothing wrong with it. I will never buy used! You get a dud, you're stuck with it! Always buy new and fill out your warranty card and mail it in! You'll be glad you did!
  5. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I own Behringer products and they are reliable good value for the money. Go for it.
  6. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    The point a lot of people make about Behringer, is that it is made in China.

Well, I hear those new Ashdown MAG heads are made in China.

I love my peavey microbass amp. Guess what I discovered? It is only designed in the USA-it's built in China! Despite this, it's well built, sounds awesome and seems to hold up well. I've taken it to a lot of places around here. Works fine everytime.

A friend of mine here writes, and records Christian music. His whole setup is Behringer. Now, this guy does computer and electronic work for a living, so he knows what he's talking about.
    IMHO his CD's sound as professional as if they were done in a top of the line major studio. I talked with him for awhile about all the electronic stuff being made in China nowadays. He told me most of that work is done in Asia now. There is very little being done here anymore.

So far, the majority seems to like the BX3000T head. Hopefully they continue to hold up well for those who use it. I guess we'll see over time. :)
  7. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    you might wanna look into avatar cabs
  8. get the BX3000T and an avatar cabinet, it sounds very good, and the setup is affordable.

9. BigEarl

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Yes, good investment! I've owned mine for a couple of months now (gonna buy another for backup), about 15 gigs, and no problems at all. Take the money left over and put it toward an Avatar cab and you'll have a helluva loud little rig.
  10. I've played through one at the local music store. It was going through an Ampeg single 15 and it was plenty loud. At $200 bucks and 1 yr warranty, it's hard to tell someone to buy used. I know it's made in China and it's a rip-off yada-yada-yada. Just about every major brand of electronics has a line of products made in China these days. As for a cabinet? $150 bucks is pretty slim when it comes to a loud cabinet. Of course there is always used. Look for someone trying to unload a big heavy 2x15 cab. You might get lucky. As others have mentioned has great prices on quality speakers. I don't think they offer much in the $150 price range though.
  11. Low priced Cab. Here you go at
    CB115 Compact Bass Cab. Discontinued. Closeout on remaining stock. $168 plus $29 shipping until they are gone. 4 ohm only. JUMP ON IT....
  12. get the BX3000T, its worth it!!!
  13. yea i would go for it too, in fact i did!! i have the behringer bx3000t head 300 watts as you already know and its great i use it with my avatar 2x12 and my avatar 2x10 ofcoarse both at 8 ohms. and when i do medium gigs i just use the 2x12 and the head and it works great. but when i put them together its so loud. and i dont even use past 3!!!!! i would get the behringer NEW and then save just a little longer and get the 2x12 or the 4x10 beacuse those are great stand alone cabs. if you just get one sing 15'' avatar it will sound good but you cant just use a single 15 for gigs, save for the 2x12 you will be very happy

just my 0.2 cents
  14. kevinsk

Mar 7, 2004
    I've got the BX3000T as well and so far am really pleased. I'm using it with an Avatar B210 and am considering getting a B212. How do you like the B212 standalone vs. the B210?
  15. mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    ok, I own a bx300t... 4 months on the road, gigs every weekend, and it s worked very well... I play with 2 loud screaming hyperannoying guitars in a rock band, and this amp has enough power, I never had to turn the output even near of the middle position
    the d.i. is excellent, soundguys love it! u can control the input level, the 160hz control ads punch, middle control very growly, mmm... ok, ultrabass effect sucks, never use that... shape switch is very useful for slap playing, makes your sound a little "hifi", but sometimes, with the shape switch engaged the amp makes a strange noise... just keep your bass far from the amp

ok, I think that's all, sorry for my bad english, see ya
  16. the avatar 2x12 is a great stand alone cab even at 8 ohms when i use it alone it is very loud never go past the middle position beacuse that would hurt my ears majorly. the 2x10 is also a good stand alone cab but not nearly as good as the 2x12, i use the alone at practices and small gigs
  17. ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I just got mine this morning..Only cost $218.00 with tax and I couldn't be more pleased. Sounds awesome through my Crate 4 x 10. and it is plenty loud. Great bargain. I can't believe they sell them for so little. :bassist:
  18. Yep go for it and get the Behrinder speaker cabs when they come out. Will fit in your budget,
  19. I'm trying out one of these amps. I just picked it up today, new in the box. Took it to my brother's, tried it and it sounded like ass! It's distorting and clipping pretty bad. I checked the battery on the bass, which was fine. I plan on trying it through my own gear later, I'll report then. So far I am not impressed.
  20. What kind of cab did you have it plugged into? Sounds like something wasn't hooked up right.