Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

behringer bx3000t

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rolnaldo33, May 26, 2004.

1. rolnaldo33

rolnaldo33

Mar 24, 2004
    ive been lookin into buying a behringer ultrabsss bx3000t, and i was wondering if anyone had one. what do ya think bout it? is it worth gettin one? where's teh cheapest place to get one? thx fer the input!

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    There are some threads on here --you can do a search and probably find what you need. There are some of us here who own one and have had positive results. I use one with an Avatar 210 cabinet and it works great. If you search the online music stores you can still find one for 199.00 Please ignore all the ethics BS that some are about to hijack the thread with.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Really? ethics=BS?

For people shopping in this price range, I doubt you are going to find anything better. Maybe an old peavey Mark head, but nothing this powerful.

I would suggest you buy it somewhere that has a liberal return policy.

-Mike

4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    :rolleyes:

5. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    No, ethics are not BS. To imply someone is being unethical because they buy a 199.00 amp is BS. If someone called me unethical to my face for buying one I would surely put them on disability. Oh man, I hijacked the thread!

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Really?

-Mike

7. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I would atleaste give em a swift kick to the ass, but i'm nicer than Stinsok...

8. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Ok, maybe just short term disability. The amp works. Buy it, you will not be sorry!

9. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    It's a solid, powerful amp. I love mine. I play it through a Crate 4 x 10 and it rocks!

Go to your local music store that has one, take your bass, plug it in to a cabinet similar to the one you will be using and let your ears decide. That's always the best way. Nobody can tell you if the tone is "good" or not because we all hear "our sound" differently.

I'm stoked that I only paid $199.00 for this amp! :bassist:

10. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    You know, I don't think anyone ever said that buying a $199 amp is unethical. I think you're probably aware of that, too. ;)

I think the issue was always Behringer's ethics of copying other company's products. Yes, I know that's what it was.

11. AHHHHHHH!!!!! Terrorists are going to kidnap the world by buying cheaper unethical bass amps!!! AHHHHHHH!!!........

wait, ethics? I'm poor. Screw ethics. I'll be ethical when someone pays off my tuition for next semester. :help:

12. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    cheers. *raises beer mug*

13. rolnaldo33

rolnaldo33

Mar 24, 2004
    say i don't buy a cabinet for it riht now cuz i don't have the money. wouldit just be totaly retarted to try connect the speaker from a combo amp?

14. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'm not even going there . . . . :eyebrow:

15. rolnaldo33

rolnaldo33

Mar 24, 2004
    yea...thats what i thought, but would you say its possible??

16. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland

Yes it is. Simply take the wires from the speaker of the combo and attach a 1/4" jack to the end, then plug into your head.

17. Grygore

Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    So yeah, anyway.....

I've had my Behringer head for about 2 months now and love it. Running it through an Eden 2X12 cab it sounds awsome. My band is pretty damn loud but I've never had to turn up over 1/4 so far. No clipping when I do and the tone using it with my MTD is killer!!

The only thing I don't like on it is the "ultrabass" feature, makes ikky farting sounds if I play the lower strings.....
    I found the "shape" setting useful though, great for cutting through during bass solos without giving up the punch I like :cool:

18. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Try giving it just a little Ultra, say at eight or nine o'clock.

Glenn D.

19. Luigi

Luigi

Dec 3, 2003
    NorCal
    When you say 1/4, are you talking about the Gain or the Output knob? I also like mine, but with a single 12" cab I'm having to push it harder than 1/4.

20. Mindabout

Mindabout

Apr 11, 2004
    Australia

I'm currently looking for something to match my BX3000T to - how does the 2 x 10 do? I'm thinking its smaller size (than a 4 x 10) would be better for me to haul as I'm quite a small build and have a bad back. Just wondering if there's really much of a noticeable sacrifice in the sound when using a 2 x 10 in preference to a 4 x 10. Is a single 2 x 10 enough for small gigs with no PA?