Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer BX3000T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jack, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Yes - Good lound amp

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. No - Waste of money

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Ok, ive read all the threads on this amp and I just cant make up my mind. Im 14. I have little to no money and I have to keep up with a loud guitarist. Will it be a good second amp? I need loud and I dont want it to colour my tone. Guys. . .

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I personally stay away from Behringer products since all they tend to do is copy other manufacturers designs, then build them with inferior components so they can sell them much cheaper.

I'll leave it up to your conscience whether the cheaper price is more worth it to you than keeping quality manufacturers with good research and development from go9ing out of business.

3. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    If you're playing with one loud guitar I think it would be enough depending on the cab you're using. In my experience it may not be quite enough if you're playing with two guitars running halfstacks at full volume. Unless you're playing diy/punk/etc. shows you'll probably have a pa for support though.

4. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Thanks guys. Ok weve got volume sorted (1 guitar 50x2 stereo watts) What about the sound it produces? I know it wont be superb, but as long as it wont suck my tone dry itll have to do.

If I ever need something better in the future Id just save up, but I need something that will provide with a solid workhorse of power until I can afford an Ampeg or similar.

Eric - Thanks but if the better companies were cheaper, theyed be my first choice anyway.

5. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    How do you know it won't sound superb? You have not played one, and neither has anyone else in this thread. I have played the BX1200, and it is a great sounding little amp. I would expect it's big/little brother to sound as good. I'm betting it would be a great match for a Avatar 2X10 or 1x12 cab (as long as the cab is a 4 ohm)

I plan to put one through it's paces should the oppertunity arrive and it is on my short list of amp heads to look at should I ever have the need for one again. I think Behringer should release this head in a 2x10 kickback combo with a price point around $350

With musiciansfriend/zzounds/ams having their lax return policies, you could get it and try it out for yourself and send it back if you don't like it. It has great specs for the $$

6. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Im in jolly old England so im afraid those sites dont cater for me. I just assumed it wouldnt sound that good because it was so cheap.

Thanks
    Jack

7. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I am presently using one with a Hartke Transporter 4x10. It it is easy to compete with a loud guitarist and loud drummer.

8. bboy

bboy

Feb 23, 2004
    music123 delivers worldwide. Some of the others probably do too. Shipping would cost a bit though.

9. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
  10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

14yrs old? Little to no money? $200 goes a long way in this situation. Get the Behringer. You'll get a warranty and a return option. If it lasts you a year, it's worth it. Treat it with kid gloves! ;)

11. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I would spend your money on a good used amp such as a Gallien Krueger 800RB or 400RB.

12. Aside from any moral issue people seem to have with Behringer, it has been my experience with their stuff that its quality is kinda hit or miss. You might get a great one and it might be crap. Good luck
    and.................

13. billy_dynamite

billy_dynamite

Dec 27, 2003
    I have been using a Behringer BX3000T for a few months now with no problems. I've used it to play around 20 club gigs, twice a week for practice through an Eden stack, and have also loaned it out to a fellow bassplayer to gig with a few times through his elcheapo Legion rig. I had originally purchased it to temporarily replace a GK 800RB that was in for repair (even $900 amps will break down ya), but started to like the sound of the Behringer more than the GK, so now I use the BX300T as my main amp. The Behringer is plenty loud enough for small to medium clubs, and I have actually gotten compliments on my sound from many other bass players, including ones who have Ampeg SVT stacks.

Is the amp better made than an expensive one? Probably not, but I love the thing, and it's a helluva value for under $200 bucks, and if it fails me then I'd definately by another one. It's a great value for the struggling musician, and not everyone has the advantage of making alotta money playing top 40 covers at the local Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo to finance a "top of the line" rig.

14. I purchased two (2) BXT 3000 ~ 5 months ago. I wanted to wait a while before I submit a review here on TB.
    Foremost I would like to mention that I've been playing for 37 years, former pro bassist, and I own a lot of high end boutique gear, such as Mesa Boogies M-2000s, Walkabout, Mesa cabs, Euphonic Audio gear, epifani, etc., etc.

I used this Behringer on ~ 45 gigs, uncounted rehearsals and that amp pumps. Some people will shy away from it, because it's made in China. Don't forget, most of our PCs are made there and a lot of other items we are not even aware of.

This amp sounds superb even with my Euphonic Audio cab, I have a CXL112. I was shocked about this amp's versatility, therefore I purchased a 2nd one. Between these 2 amps is no sound difference, both perform so well, that I am using the Behringer as my gigging amp. The 300 Watts are REAL, unlie to some SWRs, Ashdowns, which are definitely underrated.
    I also played this amp over my Mesa Boogie Diesel cabs (2x10 with horn and a 15") and my Mesa Road Ready cab (15", 4x10 & horn). With a little easy tweaking you can accomplish that defined Jaco or Jack Bruce growel. When it comes to clean sound reproduction, the Behringer doesn't need to hide behind my M2000, that's a fact.
    Guys, get one at least as a backup, there is NOTHING out there even decent used for $200.00. If you want sound, power and versatility, have one at least asa backup.
    All I can say that after 5 months of diligent use, this amp performs just as good as from the first day I've received it and plugged it in.
    I hope that helps some doubtful bassists.

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I was just going to start a thread about this head.

I've been wanting to build a bigger rig and I'm on a very very tight budget. I already have a 2 x 15 cab rated at 400 watts / 4 ohms. I've been saving for a used Hartke 3500 to power it. I was almost threre. After discovering this Behringer head and reading this thread - I'm going to order one today.

:hyper:

Thanks for the reviews.

16. Matthew, do it. I had a Hartke 3500 as a backup for
    3 weeks, and the Behringer blows the Hartke away, sound wise and power wise.