Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer BX600 or Ibanez SW35?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lazyman, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Hello,

I'm thinking about buying me a new amp to my birthday in february :bassist: . But I have only about 200 € to spend. So I looked for some amps and found 2 interesting: The Behringer BX600 and the Ibanez SW35.
    So which one sounds better? I want to use it mainly for practice at home but also in our band-room together with my band-members of our rock-band. But our drummer isn't crazy so it isn't too loud. It should have a good sound but should also be loud, when I want it to be loud.
    Pay attention on the fact, that I don't want to plug my bass directly into it, because I want to use it with the Digitech BP-200.
    So what would you buy?

Thank you for your answers.

Hopefully, there are enough information for you to help me. :)

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have the bx300 it kicks butt for a 30 watt combo practice amp. I was gonna get the 600 but for a practice amp it was just a little to big for me. check out the 300. Nearly the same volume, handles a low b well, and cheaper than the 600. I have used this amp for little gigs and I am amazed at how well it performs and sounds. The Ibanez stuff is good but even without a tweet on the behringer you can get crisper cleaner highs.

My advice would be save for a bigger amp by purchasing the bx300. This little amp kicks.
    I normally play an eden 212 and gk700rb-II. This amp can almost make that sound ............ only smaller(its like the Ertil, just like real thing... only smaller.)

danman

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    The Behringer is simply more amp than the Ibanez 35. I use mine everday without fail, have used it on small gigs with an acoustic bass, and once in an emergency situation with my full blown electric band. My power amp fried the night before an outdoor gig. It wasn't a wall of sound, but with a compressor, I managed. The Ibanez 65 might be an alternative, how much price difference between, the 35 and 65?

4. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    i have behringer 600 it is nice combo very loud with good EQ but it have 2 mistakes- it gets alive past 9 but to loud for home because neighbours and with my music man i have strange buzzzz coming out from it when i hit E and A string harder.
    i played ibanez 65w its not so loud but it have better sounding EQ low notes are more natural.and it have good feature -GAIN switch.
    i like gothic heavy and black metal but on the other side i like funk and i bang my head against wall couse not buying IBANEZ.
    dont buy Ibanez 30w save a little money and buy 65w but try behringer and ibanez before.

5. Thank you for your answers.

The BX300 is an alternative, but I think 40€ more are worth for 30 watts more, aren't they?

No the SW65 is out of my price limit, cause it is about 240 till 260 €. But I want it at february, so I wont have the money at that time.

Yeah, I want to test some, but there is no big music shop in my area, so I have to oder one and if it doesn't fits my needs I have to send it back.

Thank you!

6. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    than go for behringer

7. Yeah, that's what I want to. I think this is the right choice.

8. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I personally went for the 300 for reasons of size and weight. The price was not really a concern for me. I wanted to spend under 400 bucks on a good combo. The 300 and 600 were some of the best sounding combos under 400. The 600 is a little big and heavy for me. I wanted something more portable.

danman

9. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    come to slovenia i ll give u mine for 130 euro :D