behringer bx600 users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jacopas, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Hi
    I am thinking of buying one (bx600). My main concern is ,will it be enough for practising with a band and can it be a monitor on stage. We have one guitar and a loud drummer. If anyone used it on stage can he/she tell me their experiences?

2. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Believe it or not, I've used the 30 watt amp in a pub in Geneva. It was a little too small. If it had decent speaker in it, I could have used a bit more oomf. I was playing with an acoustic guitar run through a small PA, and a quiet drummer. It worked " just" ok for the small dancefloor that held 8-10 people, playing covers from the 60's.

Did it sound great? No.
    Did it sound good? No.
    Could you hear the bass? Yes
    Would I prefer to use it again? No. Not enought oomf

It depends on how loud you need to be.
  3. a friend of mine purchased the bx600 just to use around the house. When his main amp needed repairs he took this little combo to a small-medium gig and he really liked it. After that he A/B ed it with the BX1200 combo and told me that the bx600 was louder. You shouldn't have any problems with it.
    The BX300 is considered being a practice amp for home uses.
  4. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    hey, i have a bx600 amp and its ok. for the money its a pretty good amp. i wouldn't recommend playing in gigs if you have a heavy handed drummer at all. the speakers aren't very good at all at high volumes. i would recommend spending some more money and getting a louder one if you are planning on playing with a loud drummer and guitarist. if you play any gigs more than 50 people then you just need something more powerful. whenever i play a gig the speakers seem like they are gonna blow up.
  5. thanks for the replies.
    do you have pa support during your gigs?
  6. If you want to use the BX600 in a louder live environment you should go through the PA and use the BX as a stage monitor. It works well, I've been told

7. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    yeah, it'll work as a moniter, but you need the PA for some help. it will work for a quiet, mellow band practice, but not a band practice amp overall
  8. gavintheguy

gavintheguy Guest

Feb 5, 2004
    yeah i myself use it in small gigs, with a super loud drummer (double bass set up), an out of tune guitarist who cant play (thinks he can), and i cut through their tones the best i can with this amp. hopefully you dont have to put up w/ that. teen bands suck!
  9. thank you all for the information..
  10. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
  11. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I have one that I upraded the speaker in. It can be used as a monitor if the rest of the band plays at a decent level. I would recommend putting it on an amp stand.