1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Behringer BXL3000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DRAZA84, Nov 30, 2006.

1. DRAZA84

DRAZA84

Nov 30, 2006
    Has anybody tried this 300w cheap amp?
    Is it worth buying

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    What is your background? What type of music do you play? Would you use if for live situations? Personally, I don't think anything Behringer is worth buying, and there are many other better brands out there for the money.

3. DRAZA84

DRAZA84

Nov 30, 2006
    I play rock and metal and I need this amp both for rehearsals and gigs.

4. Behringer polarizes people on this forum for many reasons, so you will get a lot of lovers and haters responding.

I have a Behringer BX4500 head and BB410 cab and love it - very loud, good sound, and the best value for money I found bar none. I have also played a gig through a BX1200 combo and really liked that too.

I live in Australia, so amps are stupidly expensive over here, even second hand. I looked for about 3 months and could not find anything of similar power for even close to the price, even in the second hand market.

The best advice I can give is to go and play one in the shop, play it a lot, and take home the one you play, then play it to pieces. Like all electrical equipment, if it's going to fail, it will tend to fail early.

I would also advise you to have a good look in the second hand market - in your part of the world you may find some second hand gear worth buying at a reasonable price.

5. phreddy

phreddy

Mar 14, 2006
    colorado springs
    i was until recently a huge fan of behringer. About two weeks ago one of the speakers blew, what a surprise. i was pretty mad but i still had 6 months on the 1 year warranty so i wasen't to worried. then i called the number provided on the warrinty card and got a " sorry but the area code you have dialed is incorrect please hang up and try again" then i tried the website, the email link took me to the faq on some mixing board. so i guess you could say behringers customer service isn't bad, its non existent. so then i super glued the separation in the speaker and that held up till last night. sure it was cheep and had an ok sound but it doesn't last.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  7. chaotick

chaotick

Aug 15, 2006
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    I would say it's quite existent. I've dealt with them a number of times and they have been extremely helpful for me each time.

There is no problem with the phone numbers listed on the web site and if you email them, you usually get a pretty prompt reply.

8. shooter_mi

shooter_mi

Sep 29, 2005
    Maine
    Many people have had good experiences with Behringer, myself included, but I'd still reccommend going with another brand if you've got the money to do so. Used peavey gear can be had for just about the same price as new Behringer, and it's much more reliable, so there isn't much need to risk things. I got lucky with my BX3000t, but lots of others didn't.