Behringer Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Unchain, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I need a good cab, preferably on Musician's Friend for under $350, probably a 4x10, 4 Ohms Any recomendations?
  2. dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    well....ill be honest.........they sound like poop. i would go with avatar
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I think you can even get a Dr. Bass for that money.
  4. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Well, I just looked at my options and placed an order with Avatar for a Delta 2x12 and an Ashdown Mag 300H. I heard sound clips of the Behringer and it wasn't very pretty.
  5. Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Where did you hear the clips? got a link?
  6. I have a Behringer BB410 cab and it sounds really good to me. I also got a Behringer head, the ultrabass Bx4500H. This is a good combination. In my opinion.

i get a great sound with my jazz bass.
  7. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    You can irradiate poop, and it will be perfectly sterile, but it'll still be poop.
  8. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I don't think they sound half bad (but not half good either :p ) but my beef with Berhinger is the reliability issue. My guit@rist used to have a Berhinger 212 combo and it just crapped out a few weeks after he got it. As for Berhinger tech support, it just about does not exist. Thats just my experience though...
  9. to be honest..i think they sound rather nice..i was trying out the 300w head and the 15 and 410 the other day...didnt sound all that bad..ive tried worse
  10. dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    I have the BX3000T with the BA115 and BA210 (aluminum) cabs. It's my "backup" rig that sits in the game room. It's punchy and handles low real nice. I haven't touched my Hartke/Avatar setup in months.
  11. It's hard to get any useful info on the Bugera speakers Behringer uses. Their stated power handling would make them seem capable, but then again you'd have to push one in a gig environment to really know.
    Some users say they sound ok, some say otherwise. Most say the tweeter sounds like crap, but that wouldn't surprise me if they aren't using a quality x-over. The cabs seem heavy and well-built, side wheels are cool but basically useless..

I guess we'll wait and hear if the speakers are reliable or problematic. I wouldn't mind having an inexpensive 2x10 home practice cab, but won't be buying Behringer until the cabs have been out in the mainstream a bit longer.

12. Having had to ship my gear at great expense all the way to North Africa, all I could afford were Behringer. If the drivers prove a problem I can get replacements shipped for small money - cabinets cost a lot. So far I am very happy with the sound except for the nasty tweeter horn. But then I do not have the privelege of sitting it next to an ebs or GK or avatar rig for comparison.
    BTW the US State department do not help when it comes to exporting dangerous terrorist equipment like bass speakers to this part of the world, but I guess they are just doing their bit to keep the homeland safe?
  13. dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    My wife cranks her Marshall amp way up... so I have to jack the Behringer up when we play. This is a daily thing for about 1-2 hours. I've had this setup for about 8 months. No problems yet. And yes, my wife plays electric guitar... Now if I could get her to play while wearing some black lingerie.... :p
  14. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    "Bugera" speakers is just a made-up name by Behringer in an attempt to give their cabinets more credibility. They do not exist in any sense, in any other place, other than in Behringer cabinets. That's why you can't find any info on them no matter how hard you try . . . .
  15. dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL

Anytime a manufacturer develops a product and gives it a new name, the name is "made up" so it has nothing to do with credibility. At least in this instance, they didn't infringe on anyone else's "made up" names. :)
  16. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'd disagree . . . they try to make it seem like the drivers were manufactured by someone else, instead of calling them Behringer speakers.
  17. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Maybe they've read on TB that Behringer stuff blows up. Potential WMD. :D
  18. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Oh snap, forgot about this thread. I went with an Avatar 212 and the Ashdown MAG300H head. Way cool.
  19. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    BB410 is a good buy, but the alum cones and amps seem to be hit and miss..
  20. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

+1 And I've tried!! And I'm a damn good gatherer of information but I got stumped on this one! :)