Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Guest User, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    im new to this board :bassist:

ive been playing bass for about 5 months maybe shorter (not sure) but i was going to put a Hartke 70 watt (kickback w/ equilizer) for about 300$ i think. but we ended up putting a Hartke 2000 Transient attack 200watts head on layaway (cost 200$ sale). Now i need a cabinet, so now i found some good prices for Behringer cabinets. they have a "HARD ATTACK" series with aluminum speakers ,and a "Classic" series with paper speakers.

PAPER: For a Ultrabass (2-10') BB210 Cab thats 600w cost 179$.. (these prices are really low so i need to check them out..They had high ratings/review). They also have it in a 1x15" 600 watt for paper that cost the same i think.

Im not sure what is "better" or "worse". anyone here know about these amps? and whats better preferred for punk/rock music?

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Do a search. Even if you do go Berhinger (after doing the search) don't get the aluminum cones. Especially not for rock. They are very harsh and sterile. As for Berhinger, most of their gear is just a copy of other companies'. Look at an Avatar 410 or 212 instead. www.avatarspeakers.com

3. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    i just saw a thread that said the 1x15 was better.

but ill check this site out first, you have any idea what i should look for?

4. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    dumb ol me "Avatar 410 or 212 instead. www.avatarspeakers.com"

got it

5. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    wow good prices : is the B212 1000watts?

that seems alot better than the behinger

the only thing that hits me is that 42$ shipping ..hmm.. but its probably worth it

6. Hi,

I have a Behringer BA210 cab, I have posted a review on thehere on the TB site. I'm very happy with mine. It was cheap, it's a cool cab for practice. While with an unlimited budget I would prefer to but eden this cab is doing a very good job for the money. I can't really say there is anything bad about it at all.

I have since found that their ratings are in fact RMS. So yes their BA210 cab is rated at 600WRMS as responded by Behringer themselves.

I don't know the Avatars, but from what guys say here they are very good and not expensive. I wouldn't be buying it on power handling so if the Behringer has a greater power handling it's not the most important thing.

Listen with your ears not your eyes.

Cheers.

7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I would recommend Avatar or Ashdown.

On the Ashdowns you can get the MAG115T for $250 shipped or a MAG210T for $260 shipped from www.zzounds.com.

8. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Ashdown cabs sound good enough, but the only one I played through broke. It was a 410, and I just replaced the speakers and it sounded fine.

9. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    The way that you said that concerned me. If you plan on getting an avatar cabinet, and the hartke head, you will not be playing at 1000 watts. The 1000 watts stated in the Avatar ad, basically means that if you had a head that was 1000 watts, and you turned it up to full blast, it would not blow the speakers. (Its actually 1000 watts RMS, which means it could go even louder than 1000 watts, but thats a whole nother lesson). So you will be pushing 200 watts with that setup, but 200 watts can still be plenty loud.

Regardless, get the Avatar, it has alot better speakers than that Buergia, or whatever they are called from Berhinger

10. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    aw, ic.

well i thought that the watts in the cab were someway added with the watts of the head. I wasn't sure.

So, if i were to buy a cab at 600watts i can only use 200 of the 600?

11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Don't think in terms of 'using' think in terms of handling...

Roughly speaking, A 600w. cab at 8 ohms can take 600watts of power from an amp head. There are lots of opinions around here as to if you should match your head to your cabinet, have a higher rated cab or a lower rated cab.

12. ironfist

ironfist

Feb 5, 2000
    What's the used gear market like where you are? In the Twin Cities, you can usually score a BW loaded Peavey 1x15 cab for $150 or less. I saw one that was still in good shape save for having the grill painted blue for $80. I would definitely go that route if it's available.