Behringer Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ayton, Jan 26, 2006.

1. ayton

Jan 26, 2006
    Yo guys,

I'm in need of a new amp (my 35W beginner amp is getting desperate now lol)

Just wondered if anyone knew anything about Behringer, as I want to get an amp that will last and be worth the money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

*edit - spelling
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    if thats all you can spend 529? I'd maybe go for the ampeg b100r (no speaker output) combo or GK 400IV115 (w/xtra speaker output) combo. can you spend more?
  3. ayton

Jan 26, 2006
    yea pretty much, its only really for pratice or really really small gigs
  4. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    You should be able to get a inexpensive head like G-K Backline 600 for less than 300 pounds, and a cheap second hand bass cabinet, 1x15" (or 4x10") by Peavey or Hartke or Trace-Elliott for example, for 200-250 or less.

The Gallien-Kruger head is considered a good basic amp and puts out good amount of power, which means you can keep it a while and just upgrade the cabinet when you have more cash. This kind of set sounds pretty good, cover any smaller-than-stadium gig and will last you a long time.

I personally would avoid having two cabs in a beginner situation - it may look cool but it's just more trouble to lug around two cabs when the guitarists have a 50w combo or so.
  5. ayton

Jan 26, 2006
    thanks alot for the helpful advice :)
  6. I have played through the Behringer 120W combo, and I now own the 450W head and BB410 cab and I am very happy. The combo was small, easy to carry and very loud for the size, and provided a very nice tone. I was really impressed with it considering the ridiculous price.

Behringer gets a very mixed response, and because of that I looked for ages for second hand gear, but in the end I could not find anything that was even close in spec for the price. I have not regretted my decision at this stage - I'm really happy.

Best advice is to try them out and decide for yourself, and play the amp you buy before taking it home.
  7. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    You should also look at the Yorkville Sound combos. The XM200T is right in your price range and put out a lot of good sound for the money. It'll handle small club gigs and, if you want better coverage, it'll handle an external speaker cabinet. Yorkville makes some good gear and has a great warranty. Very reliable too.
  8. ayton

Jan 26, 2006
    thanks alot for the response guys :)