1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Behringer cutting prices up to 40% - more robotic assembly

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xk49w, Oct 24, 2018.

1. xk49w

xk49w

Apr 13, 2008
    Behringer: Significant Price Drops - Its Official

According to Uli Behringer in the fine article,

I haven't seen a reduction in prices hit the US yet. Thomann shows the Behringer XR18 for $365. It is currently $599 at Sweetwater.

It looks like Behringer is trying to own a large slice of the market. What does this mean for other manufacturers not as large and diversified?

Das Jugghead likes this.
  2. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    hmm. I've owned a few pieces of behringer gear and had good luck. It's certainly not the best but I think most of their gear is the best of similarly priced products. Maybe I'll grab a veyron head after I see a drop.

3. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    If they drop the price of the already nicely-priced (and very well-reviewed) Model D Minimoog clone, I may have to jump on it.

4. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    hi xk49w :)

I think the question is:

Will Behringer use german robots to replace chinese workers?

Or will Behringer produce chinese copies of german robots, to replace chinese workers?
    (because chinese workers are way too expensive)

Or will these "Robocopies" be produced by kids in Pakistan?
    (hard to beat: 12 hours of work payed with a bowl of rice!)

The other manufacturers? They still can move their production to Africa. (african kids are even cheaper)

just my thoughts :(

greetings

Wise(b)ass

bound'n'blocked likes this.
  5. Believe it or not, not only is automation a bigger factor in reduction of industrial employment reduction in North America than outsourcing, but both factors are also current threats to Chinese industrial employment. Africa seems to be the next big, current, hotbed for globalization and industrial development, housing some of the fastest growing economies in the world as well as being the victims or receivers of some Chinese investment - which is about as favourable as you'd expect.

redwingxix and Wisebass like this.
  6. xk49w

xk49w

Apr 13, 2008
    This company Universal Robots was founded in Denmark, though they are all over the world now. The collaborative robots "cobots" are an interesting development that allow humans to work along side the robots without fear of injury. As I understand it, traditional industrial robots have to be isolated behind a safety cage. They are also much easier to program.

Another video - tells more about the specifics of their use rather than just demonstrating what they can do. I wonder how Behringer intends to use them?

7. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    They recently did a 40% price drop for some of their synthesizers.

8. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    yep. You always hear about people in other countries taking the jobs, but it's really the robots that are the enemy of the common working man. DESTROY ALL ROBOTS. After I get all my 40% off gear, of course.