Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer DI100 any users ??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassampegman, Jan 21, 2005.

1. I have just got the Behringer DI100 di box anybody here used them, ive heard that the other model DI 20 is pants but the DI100 is good for live use as well as studio.

I plan to use it as backup for main amp, you know into PA if all else fails, and maybe go Akai Unibass output effect to the DI100 and then to the PA mixer ??

Nice looking DI Box but havnt used it yet so interested in comments good or bad.

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    As luck would have it, I used one last night at a video shoot.

Worked/sounded fine but I was surprised how BIG it was!!! Hard to find a DI much cheaper, that's for sure.

As long as you don't forget to bring a battery in case the mixing board has no phantom power, it should work OK for you.

3. yep i have already fitted 9v battery just in case. Rubbish battery compartment !!

I like the road ready look and feel, i have only got it as a backup if my main amp fails during a gig, i can connect this into PA mixer and finish the gig etc.

4. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I've got the GI100 which is esentially the same DI but with 4x12 Guitar cab modeling. I've been using it my BP8 direct (unbalanced outs) to the mixer for practice and have been liking it but I haven't gigged with it yet. I leave the cab modeling off though becuase it kills the lows, but it is there if I ever need to use it to hook up a guitar amp to the PA. Same price as the DI100.

5. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i have the GI100 also. i use it to record one track of DI and one track Mic'ed. i am really impress by the quality of it for the price.