Behringer FLOW 8 as an interface.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by seamonkey, Feb 16, 2021.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    @Supadope mentioned in another thread about the FLOW 8 working as an interface.
    Behringer FLOW 8 8-input Digital Mixer with Bluetooth
    This got me curious. I have an aging Yamaha mixer I've been looking to modernize.

This FLOW 8 looks good as a mixer.

And Behringer just released a firmware update to make it much more usable as an interface.

Lot's of features added. One is it can now work as a 8-in 4-out interface.
    Several monitoring choices, presets/snapshots, and several other features added.

A little mixer is always handy to have, but one that can also work as 8 separate inputs with 4-outs + monitor - it's now also a functional interface.

Good to see firmware updates that actually add functionality and not just bug fixes. Keep it up Behringer!

Supadope likes this.
  2. It is a bit more expensive, but much more options: Tascam Model 12. Works even as a DAW controler. I love to record multitrack directly to a SD card without the need of a computer. And to have EQ and comp settings for each channel separately.

3. Supadope

Supadope Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Louisville
    My goal is to leave the world a cooler place than when I arrived.
    With gigs being stopped, I did a Facebook live stream with my band in my backyard before the weather got cold. I used my older USB mixer to mic up the guys and pass the signal into my laptop. It worked OK, but it's only stereo in/out and not full duplex. The Flow 8 is so much more compact, powerful, and flexible. I'm really GASing for this.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021