1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer Head and Speaker Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eric1977, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Eric1977

Eric1977

Jan 19, 2005
    Ireland
    Hi
    I am looking to get my first head and cab combo. I saw a review on the Behringer gear in . .hmm . . bass player or one of those mags.

Anyway, they said that for the money it would be a decent bit of gear.

OK, I know its not gonna compare with the higher end stuff but for around 800 euros or less for the head and cab its seems a pretty good and cheap way to get a cab and head set up. (1000w cab 4x10 and 300w head - ultra bass head and cab)

Any comments or opinions??

Cheers!
    Eric

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
  3. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    You should search the forum. You're going to find lots of previous dialog on Behringer stuff. Lots of people here will tell you to not bother with Behringer.

Sound wise, it's good. It's not the best equipment on the planet, but you know that. It sounds fine, especially for low dollars.

Quality wise - some have reported equipment dying prematurely. I'd say if you buy a Behringer rig, push it hard in the beginning and run it for many hours - to *burn it in.* If it doesn't fail inside the return period, you're probably good for a pretty long time. If it fails inside the return period, you're not out any money, and you can return it.

I have a Behringer rig, and I have done well with it so far.

4. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
  5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Read the thread I linked. It's not mine; it merely turned up in a search.

I myself would never buy their stuff when I can get better quality elsewhere for not so many bucks more and actually have a company that stand behind it in support and service. Searches seem to turn up a lot of instances that suggest a Behringer warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on.

6. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Try Peavy their equipment is not that expensive, and they last.

7. I was at my local music store the other day and went to the service department to see a buddy. The shop looked like a Behringer warehouse! There were 5 cabinets being repaired due to blown drivers! My friend advised me to not purchase any of the cabinets.

I then went to the sales area, again I was told about their experience with Behringer cabs. The sales guys said they weren't going to recommend the brand to anyone. They also will no longer keep the cabinets in stock.

That said, I have an early BX3000 head that I'm really starting to enjoy. It's a good match with my SWR cabs. But, I'm staying away from the cabinets!