Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Slaine01, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Hi Everyone,
    A big Gidday from Downunder.
    I just bought a behringerBass V-Amp pro to see what they were like (I used to have an ART Nightbass S.E.- Aloooooong time ago and thought I might try some effects on stage again and these are so cheap!!).
    I bought this brand new and picked up a Behringer FCB1010 Foot controller second hand to complete the package.
    I have read the manuals on setting up both units but must be incredibly stupid as I can't make heads or tails of all this midi global and direct settings stuff.
    Is there anyone out there who can tell me an easy way to set these systems so that they will "talk" to each other in a more obvious way?
    At the moment all I want to do is push the "UP" switch to change Banks and the "Numbers 1 through 10" to change programs.
    Aghhhhhhhhh.

2. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    I haven't got one - but I did help a mate out with a guitar one of these.

From memory, if everything is left as 'default' (i.e. when it was shipped to you), if you select the first bank on the pedal, then the numbers 1-5 will activate the five patches (A-E I think) on the VAmp's first bank, and numbers 6-10 activate A-E on the second bank.
    If you then move up a bank on the Pedal, numbers 1-5 do the third band (A-E) and 6-10 do the fourth bank (A-E) and so on.

Not sure if this helps.....

PaulF

3. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    the FCB1010 is very powerful.

the best resource for it on the net is the yahoo group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fcb1010/

go there, do some searches and read the FAQs and you will find out most of what you need to know about basic operation of the FCB1010.

You will also want to make sure you have the latest firmware installed, if you do not, get the EProm and install it and it will come with instructions on setting the FCB1010 up for basic operation with the Bass Vamp.