1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer Keyboard Amps (with interior Dimensions)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ian Canefire, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Ian Canefire

Ian Canefire

May 6, 2017
    Hi,
    I own two used Behringer k3000fx keyboard amps($150 & $175) and I am about to buy another($200). (ERROR) They say they are 300watt output but what that really means is that each channel has 75watt output. (ERROR) There are 4 channels. If you don't know it is the one with the 15" bugera in it and a 1"tweeter. It has three port holes in the back. I can't remember if it has one in the front or not. I have played a bass guitar through it and it can sound okay. It will not do the low B string well. It is good with vocals.

1) Has anyone replaced the 15" speaker in one of these to make it a bass amp? yes/no
    2) If Yes, can you tell me what you replaced the OEM speaker with?
    3) What can I put in there just to make it a better keyboard amp?
    4) I do not know much about bugera are they comparable to faital, eminence, please share what you know of this brand?

Cheers,
    Ian

EDIT 1 PS Please note that the sentence in italic is incorrect. Thanks for the clarification which you will see was pointed out in the thread. I do not wish to misinform. So I made an edit by surrounding the sentence with the word ERROR. This is a teachable moment so I will not simply delete the sentence. Stay positive, Thanks.

EDIT 2 PPS here are the dimensions if someone were to be so kind as to tell me what other driver I can use to replace the current one...
    The top is a smaller rectangle and the bottom is a larger rectangle, thus the front face has a roughly 70 degree slant. Inside on the top there is an intrusion, so the interior roof is not flat. This is because the input jacks and such have a shelf that they rest on.

Wood appears to be MDF Panel 3/4"(.75) thick.

interior width Left to right: 20"
    interior depth back to front floor: 12.75"
    interior depth back to front ceiling: 9.5"
    interior height floor to ceiling: 18.25"

roof intrusion dimensions
    height ceiling to above the port holes: 4.75"
    width left to right: 20"
    depth back wall extending inward: 4.75"

Interior foam padding thickness: 2"
    width: 16"
    height: 10.5
    padding is on the back wall below the port holes

Port Holes: 3
    diameter: 2"
    length: 3"
    port holes are in the back wall

Driver (speaker)
    weight:1.5 -2 pounds.
    15"
    Eurolive 15W 150A4 150watts
    Continuous Power 150 Watts
    Peak Power 600 Watts
    Impedance 4 ohms
    15" Sound Reinforcement Low Frequency Transducer
    H77-31500-52068

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Intergalactic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon sofware
    Just curious, why are you buying another one?

Omega Monkey and Element Zero like this.
  3. Ian Canefire

Ian Canefire

May 6, 2017
    The two I currently have my band uses for vocals in one configuration and it would sometimes be the PA in another venue we play at. We go into a mixer and the k3000fx is left and right.
    We have found that the keyboard sometimes creates a boom. It doesnt sound good if it happens when the vocalist is singing. So an extra k3000fx happened to be for sale in my area for what i think is little money and a great value.Thus i can use the extra amp with a keyboard by itself. Now if there is a way to use this as a bass amp at times, that is wonderful. Sometimes we use electronic drums pads with our live drum kit and trigger samples. That can go to this extra amp as well.
    We become a lot more versatile with the third amp. They aren't too big, not too heavy and are loud enough for the small places we play every month in the washington dc metro area that don't have a PA. They also fit well in our practice studio.
    Cheers
    Ian

Stumbo likes this.
  4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    How does each channel have 75 watts when there is only one amp/speaker?

5. Ian Canefire

Ian Canefire

May 6, 2017
    That is what i was told when i bought it. That they divided the watts. You tell me.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Plug in a powered subwoofer

7. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Owner of seven basses - eligible for 44 TB Clubs Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Seems like you have mistaken a human being for Google.

Here, let me help: https://media.americanmusical.com/ItemFiles/Manual/behringer/BEHK3000FX_manual.pdf

Rated at 300w power amp out (in “Behringer Watts”). Input channels are summed like in any mixer. Whomever claimed that each channel has it’s own dedicated 75 Watts is misinformed.

Yes, you can use it as a bass amp. You would probably want to use an external preamp before the input to get the bass signal up to line level and do some tone shaping. How good it will sound is another question. You probably know best having used it for keyboards already. How does it sound when you run a keyboard using a bass patch (sound) through it?

DavC, nbsipics and agedhorse like this.
  8. Stumbo

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon sofware
    Since your keyboard sometimes creates a "boom", I suggest adding an adjustable HPF, whichever way you go. It may reduce need for another amp.

Also, tell your keyboard player to stop playing all those 10-finger chords within the bass range. :thumbsup:

9. Ian Canefire

Ian Canefire

May 6, 2017
    That is great advice Stumbo. Thanks. I may just try my crossover and test a few settings.
    I just bought the 3rd behringer k3000fx and brought it home.
    When I use a bass guitar I mostly play through a boss gt10b. So that gets me to line level.
    Hopefully someone knows the answers to the original questions asked and the one below.
    Cheers
    Ian
    Please explain summed wattage?
    Just read up on it. I understand what summing means now. That is the gist of what the original source meant.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  10. Stumbo

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon sofware
    The Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX is a 4-channel PA/keyboard amplifier enclosed in a bass reflex cabinet. With 300W blasting from the K3000FX amp, you'll never run out of power.

The ULTRATONE K3000FX has a special, beefed up 15" woofer and a custom-made 1" tweeter, to deliver clear, clean sound that's ideal for larger gigs.

It includes an internal 24-bit digital FX processor with 100 awesome presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects.

The revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System immediately indicates any feedback frequency so you know precisely where to make adjustments.

Enjoy full 4-channel stereo operation with separate volume and FX Send controls per channel, plus an additional XLR mic input on channel 1 for direct connection of dynamic microphones.

Use the dedicated 7-band graphic EQ to give your sound your very own edge.

FEATURES
    Powerful 15'' woofer and custom-made 1'' driver for ultimate sound reproduction

Integrated 24-bit digital FX processor with 100 awesome presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay,
    pitch shifter and various multi-effects

Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System instantly reveals critical frequencies

Full 4-channel stereo operation with separate Volume and FX Send per channel

Additional XLR mic input on Channel 1 for direct connection of dynamic microphones

Dedicated 7-band graphic EQ for awesome sound shaping

Balanced stereo XLR DI with Ground Lift switch for direct connection to your mixing console

Main section with FX Return level, Master Volume, Phones level and Shape switch

Link output allows linking to a slave amplifier for true stereo operation

Subwoofer output for ultimate low-end power

CD input allows you to play along to your favorite music

Separate headphone output”perfect for quiet practicing

High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life

Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  11. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Owner of seven basses - eligible for 44 TB Clubs Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    There really isn’t a thing called summed wattage (at least in this application). The line level signals are summed prior to the amplification stage. The power amp section only sees one summed input signal and amplifies it.

BadExample, Ewo, Stumbo and 1 other person like this.
  12. Gizmot

Gizmot Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    My advice is to buy something that is designed to do the job you need done. If you need a bass amp, that is what you should get.

Omega Monkey, Ewo and bassliner50 like this.
  13. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Trinity, FL
    most keyboards have an onboard EQ ... turn down the low end on the keyboard ... !?

14. River Runner

River Runner

Sep 23, 2014
    It isn't summed wattage. What is summed is the multiple inputs (two microphones for example get summed together so they can feed into the single amp that you have). Think of it like a cheap 4 channel mixer connected to a mono amp so you can "sum" four different instruments together and feed that signal to your single, mono amp.

Ewo likes this.
  15. Ian Canefire

Ian Canefire

May 6, 2017
    Anyone here know about 15" Bugera drivers made by Behringer?

Can someone reccommend a different driver that will give me lower frequency, along with great mid frequency.

In the past when we used a 18"subwoofer and a crossover we could manage well. I sold the subwoofer. It was too big, and weighed 85 pounds. That sub was from seismic audio. It was great. Made you need a dolly and a truck or van. Could not fit in a car. We sold our van also.

Now that I have a 3rd behringer k3000fx tinkering is possible. I will have to look around for the frequency range of the k3000fx and the driver ohm. I can't remember if it was 16ohm or not. Funny how you forget little details.

Its morning now i will go take a look at it and see if the ohm is on the amp.
    Bugera compared to.....?

Thanks
    Ian
    Ps now i have to update my youtube videos about these amps and explain summing circuit. Don't want to misinform

16. Ian Canefire

Ian Canefire

May 6, 2017
    Just read some more about summing (adding the sources together to get to one point). Seems like the missing feature that would have made this good amp great would have been per channel EQ like the old Peavey KB/A 300 keyboard amps.

Compared to other studio gear I've owned and the other gear i have used in the past this behringer k3000fx is definitely not a loud 300 watts. If it is 300 watts. You could never turn it all the way to 10 on the volume it would sound terrible.
    I have burnt out a voice coil in one in the past and had it repaired also.
    Cheers
    Ian

17. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Behringer makes their own drivers, all the way down to the cones.
    It's a crapshoot to change the driver and expect better performance.
    It can be done, with measuring and careful work of modeling parameters. It doesn't hurt to ask if somebody has done it.
    You might want to try a keyboard forum as more people are likely to be using them for keyboards.
    Waves Maxxbass will add harmonic distortion that can make it sound one and a half octave lower. Without the actual boom since it's not actually lower.

18. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    Why not buy a bass amp?

BadExample likes this.
  19. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    I'm in the if-you-need-a-bass-amp-get-a-bass-amp cohort.

BadExample and Meghans Dad like this.
  20. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Maybe too simple and obvious?