Behringer Limiter Enhancer; used it yet?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gottawalk, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Has anyone picked up the Behringer Limiter Enhancer, and if so, how about a short review? Also, where did you find one?

It's not in the Gear Reviews, yet and I'm thinking of trying one out if I can find it. Thanks!
  2. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    The only place I've seen it available so far is at I'm not sure how it works, as I don't own it (yet). ;)
  3. 33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    i have just been looking at it and it is almost an exact copy of the Boss LMB3 which i use all the time in my set up, i think it does a good job for bass guitar, im not sure that a dBX 160 is required. (i also heard that richard bona uses it too boost his single for solos). so it would be interesting to compare it to the Behringer version
  4. lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Yeah I bought one about a fortnight ago, played with it for about half an hour and decided it wasnt for me.... I spose it did its jobs to a certain extent but it produced entirely too much hiss when activated for my liking...

If youve got the money it might be a smarter move to go for the Boss model cos as they say, "You get what you pay for".
  5. That's good to know, since I have enough hiss already to deal with; don't need more... Thanks.
  6. lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    no worries....
  7. ejsagun

Jan 20, 2003
    Since its supposed to act like a compressor, maybe the hiss your getting comes from another source like your bass or effects before the behringer box.

Its supposed to enhance the lower level signals. since Hiss is relativeley low the stomp box might be boosting it to a level that is quite audible
  8. Thanks. I don't know about "lomer", but I'm seriously thinking of getting my basses shielded. I've had too much problems with hiss and I'm tired of it. Can't turn the treble up on the pickups without it interfering with the sound.
  9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I believe I've seen it at too.
  10. Net effect of a compressor always increases existing hiss anyway. Compressor, reducing the hottest part of the signal, by definition therefore results in less signal, therefore reduced S/N ratio.

Of course, if the compressor's not well designed, it can add even more noise on its own in addition to that.