Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Making Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Well....looking at the behringer catalog....behringer are now makin cabs..the specs and price are lookin pretty good.....i like behringer gear...but lets not get into "but behringers ethics..." theres enough threads on that so lets not make another

http://www.behringer.com/02_products/ia_index.cfm?lang=ENG

aluminium drivers..sweeeeettt :hyper:
    would i like to test these out...yes i would....ive had a thunderbird Bx108 for almost 3 years and i think its one of the best practise amps ive played, besides a roland cube30

2. [​IMG]
    500w
    [​IMG]
    1000w
    [​IMG]
    2000w!!!
    [​IMG]
    600w

the paper cone versions are the same but add 100w or 200w to em

3. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    I suppose those are decent looking Hartk...Uh, I mean, Behringer cabs. :rollno: :rollno: :rollno:

4. they handle a bit more than a hartke

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    T...one could say that...but why on earth would Behringer copy a cabinet that seems to have fallen out of vogue?

Perhaps Hartke still sells a lot, but they're rarely mentioned here on TalkBass.

It seems that if one was going to develop a new product line now (in the manner that Behringer does) why not shoot at a more currently popular brand/style/sound? But...I guess it's short of a shot at the VX series.

The casters nestled into the lower left edge of the 1x15, 2x10 and 4x10 is a great idea.

6. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    I would not use them even if I got them for free.
    I don't support robbers.

7. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Perhaps you missed the part about how he doesn't want this to turn in to a Begringer Ethics thread??

But, at any rate, as cheap Canadian, I do have top say these look to be most excellent for the price.

Does anyone know the minimum wattage these thing will take and still work effectivley at? I looked around the site, but not much(if anything) was said about it.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I didn't like the Hartke cabs with aluminum cones, I doubt I would like these.

A local dealer of Behringer stopped carrying the entire line because everything was either shipped broken or was returned broken shortly there after.

I wouldn't touch that stuff with a ten foot pole, but more power to you if you want a cheaper cab.

9. i downloaded some of the manuals and the 210:

2x 10" Bugera Aluminium Cone Speakers
    95Db @ 1W/1 m
    8ohm
    42Hz - 16khz
    500w
    1" Tweeter
    1x 1/4" Jack
    2x Speakon
    Footswith For Tweeter on/off

The 1x 15"
    1x 15" Burega Aluminium Cone Speaker
    97db @1W/1 m
    8ohm
    40hz - 16khz
    600w
    1" Tweeter
    1x 1/4" Jack
    2x Speakon
    Footswith For Tweeter on/off

From the behinger gear ive tried, and own, i like it...and i kinda dont see the ethics in spending a huge amount of money on a cab that might not sound as good as something thats half the price..im not saying behringer there but just in general...but doesnt advice on here usually come down to "what souds best to you, dont go by name brands"

I dont see why people get so upset over behringer, its not as if they're doing something new copying other peoples designs..is thats what they do with all their products..just think...almost every bass maker has had to copy fender, just alter it a little, but still the same in all basicness, same with cars...chevolet import our holdens over to the usa and change the engine and sell them, the toyota camry and holden apollo are the same car, the ford laser and toyota corolla, the mitsubushi pajero and toyota landcruiser...all with slight modifications

10. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    As Heath wrote...this isn't a Behringer ethics thread.

Having a footswitchable tweeter is a neat idea for those that use distortion...have to give that potential cab mod some serious thought...

And no, we can't turn this into a BillyB ethics thread either! :D

11. heh heh heh...but really i get behringers idea for their gear.....for poor saps like me who can't afford to have a swr megoliaths and 750x's to line a wall but want something thats sounds good for a really low price...so kudos to behringer..everything behringer ive tried sounds great...even th v-ampire guitar amp

12. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Yes, I own a few pieces of Behringer gear myself, a compressor, a mixer and a Vamp Pro (for when I dabble in the dark side). Those amp models are just so awesome!!!!

13. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia

First, I didn't want to offed anyone, if that happened, then sorry.
    From the specs - 95 db sensitivity - that's very low number - it looks like you get what you pay for. It's on everybody to decide wheter to buy cheapo cab which he will end changing for something better in close time or he will wait a few weeks and buy better cab which last longer in his equipment. Just my 2 cents.

Another this is the powerhandling. 500W 2x10" with Bugera drivers. Maybe behringer "500W" :eyebrow: . I might be wrong but I doubt it will handle real 500W with ease. (I hope I'm wrong). And famous Bugera drivers. AFAIK it's not that easy to come with better speakers than the well known bradns offer today.... :bag:

14. nah you didnt offend anyone...you just made an ass out of yourself and proved that you only read the title and not the post itself :p lol....but really..how can you diss something you havent tried....they havent even been released yet..well not here yet anyway..but im not exactly raking in the money at the moment and after my laney cab blew up i need something to replace it until i can afford a GK, or SWR Rig....i wont be going with these most likely because i only have a 150w @ 4ohm head.....but they are a good price and i wouldnt mind testing the 8x10.....its at a very good price for what it is..considering i havent seen a 8x10 for under $2500aus yet...but so far as the replacement cab is going to be either a hartke 210tp or 115tp, unless i can find a sovtek quad...but the prices of the aluminium coned behringer cabs are cheaper than the hartke transporter series cabs....but still, you never know these could be great cabs....and you cant really say i dont support stealers/....cos mesa boogie copied the fender amp circut :p ..evrybody steals and modifies..its human nature

15. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia

Hey, now you are making ass of yourself righ now.... :eyebrow: Did you read the starting post? :D

The gear prcies in Australia are outrageous, but at least you get decent pay....

I can work in student work agencies for one euro per hour....

16. nah..i was getting 7.25 a week, 38hours...but now im only working 15hours at the same rate