1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer MDX 1400 compressor..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AL!EN BA$$, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I am somewhat new to compressors and want to know if anyone has any advice for this particular comp. Wether it be get rid of it, or tips on how to actually compress my playing to get rid of peaks in my playing, low and hi frequencies alike. It seems to add a bit to my tone but in clipping just about the same with it set, I've messed with the settings, as well. And there is a lot going on that I'm not sure of with the buttons/knobs. I know what some of the knobs mean but I feel it is just too much and I get lost. Been thinking about the Mark bass comp or maybe one of the BBE stomp compressors, to match my BMAX, am free up a rack space. Or even a rack mount one that is more straight forward and gives me what I want/need.

2. Any help??

3. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    My church uses one, and has been for years. Works just fine and with good results on our system. All of my drum set signal is run through it, especially my kick and crash.

4. I'm switching to the MXR pedal compressor, the Behringer just isn't cutting it. So, now I'm left with an empty rack space, I already have a tuner and compressor. Any suggestions on candidates for something else I could use? I do need a HPF still I don't know if they make a effect unit with one built in?