behringer mikes

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stingray, May 30, 2002.

1. Stingray

May 12, 2000
    does anyone have any expirience with behring b-1 or b-2 mikes i was looking to buy either 1 b2 or 2 b1s for stereo pair i wanted to know how the mike sound i have expirience with other behringer equipment and ive been quite satisfied with it but i havenever used one of the mikes so any help would be nice. if any other mikes would be better to use but around the same price that would be helpful
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You'd probably do better with a matched pair of Neumann KM 184's ($1035 street) or, if you're into the large diaphragm thing, matched TLM 103's ($2125 street). But seriously, folks, Rode makes the NT-5 matched pair for about $300 the pair ($270 at Rik's). These are condenser mics, and if they're as good as my cheap-ass NT-1, they'll be great.

3. What are you planning to use them for? Drum Overheads? Room Mics? Acoustic guitar? Don't forget that you'll need a preamp/mixer that has phantom power to use a condenser mic.