Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

behringer mikes

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stingray, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Stingray

Stingray

May 12, 2000
    i know someone already asked about mixers so lets do some taqlkin about there mikes.

im either gonna uy a carvin studio mike or the ehringer b2 which is better and why and is there anything better it the 150-225$ range

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I have just heard this..not to sure if it is true. The Behringer Large Diapraghm mics, such as the B-1 and B-2, are fairly bright. I have never used either, so maybe somone else can validate.:confused:

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    You can get an MXL for about that. I have one, sounds pretty good. Ypu can get a Rode nt-3 for that price also, very sweet mic.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I specialize in bass, so I listen to the guys who run the board/sound techs when it come to mic's. Their opinion of Behringer and Carvin mic's is very, very, very, sad.

We bought some Shure Beta 58A's based on their reco's. At just $160, (well within your price range), these are the best sounding mic's I've used in decades.
    Transparency - BIG TIME!

Feedback......er...what's "feedback"??? ;)

I heartily reco checking them out live but here's all I can offer - http://www.proaudiosuperstore.com/product46.html

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Don't pay more than $130 for Beta 58A's. A fine dynamic mic. Otherwise:

Rode, Rode, bo-Bode,
    Banana-pana fo-Fode,
    Fee fie mo-Mode,
    ROOOOOOOODE.

6. The Audio Technica 3035 and the Studio Projects C1 are supposed to be some of the nicest mics in that price range...

Behringer scares me, although I have one of their compressors. And although I'm a Carvin fan, there isn't much feed back on the mic you're looking at, unfortunately.

I assume you're looking for Large Diaphram Condensor mics, but we don't know what you are recording or what kind of sound you're looking for, so it's kinda tough to recommend a mic in that price range...