Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

behringer new stomp boxes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pacojastorius, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    hi,
    anyone know what the new behringer stomp boxes are like? they look exactly the same as the Boss pedals but at a quarter of the price! anyone know if they are exact copies, same electronics etc.?

2. as far as i am aware they are all digital, not analogue like the boss (tech21 aswell etc) pedals they try to emulate

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  4. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Welcome to 2 months ago...... :rollno:

5. No, if you read it, it was cus Behringer said that Roland were endorsing the pedals, and Roland were like ***? sued!

edit - in reply to the other post - edit

6. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I have the new bd121 and like it. It gives me analog tube qualities like tube warmth and a little compression with the "fat tube" and "SVT" settings.

I also own a Tech 21 BDDI and I would say that pedal is a little more versatile than the Behringer, although the difference is rather minor IMO. Big price difference between the two though.

7. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    So are these modelers or analog?

8. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Nobody knows, cause with the exception of the new DI's, the effects pedals are not out yet.

9. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    so the boss pedals are actually analog?

10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    No, if you read it, it's pretty clear they're unhappy about both the resemblance and the lies about the endorsement. The endorsement claim is probably going to be the easier one for them to sue about.
    IMO Behringer picked the wrong company to mess with this time - unlike a lot of the smaller companies who have,ahem, 'inspired' Behringer products - Tech21 etc - Roland have the money to fight this.
    Note: I'm not trying to turn this into a discussion on Behringer practices. Those arguments have been done to death, buried, resurrected, done to death ad infinitum.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    This is the fourth thread about this exact topic, all of which have been closed due to the lawsuit. We don't know about it, we won't speculate about it. Ok?

Closed for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.