1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Behringer Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rip Topaz, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Yup, I've heard all the hate (not interested in gear snobbery), and seen all the stuff in searches.

But here's what I really want to know.

How many of you are using Behringer effect pedals, and which ones?? They're very cheap pedals, most of the time clones of other, popular pedals.

I'm personally using the BDI21, and love it. I'm wondering if any of Behringer's other pedal offerings are worth the $30 admission price.

Anyone?

2. The distortion is pretty okay, rather comparable to the Boss ODB-3.

The graphic EQ isn't bad either.

Other than that, can't really say.

3. The one I'm really interested in is the Limiter/Enhancer. The BLE400.

4. No idea. I use either a Boss LMB-3 or the comp on a Zoom B3, they cover my bases pretty well.

5. i would use them but all of the ones i've brought have broken

6. Sweet. I just got the BDI21, and haven't turned it off since!!

7. The ones I'm mostly interested in are the ones that'll always be on, so once I've collected them I'll build a board to protect them.

8. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    I've used a few Behringher pedals and they all seemed solid in terms of sound and decent on construction. I've used the Slow Motion, Ultra Vibrato (awesome Boss VB-2 clone) and the Bass Synth (still own this one and it's going nowhere...2+ years and not one issue)

9. If I were you, I'd do it. They ain't great, they ain't built like tanks, but they're cheap and they serve their purpose. If your comp buzzes just get a noise gate. All a matter of opinion though.

10. That's my thought. I have a home studio so anything that isn't a keeper for my pedalboard will surely get used at some point.

I'm not a fan of what noise gates do to your tone, but I think I'll give it a shot.

Anyone else who has dropped a few bucks on a Behringer pedal, whatever it is, feel free to post a short review here. Maybe we can get them all in one place.

11. Well, noise gates do do weird things to your tone, but sometimes they're necessary. Just use sparingly, as is with everything.

On another note, I said do do. :D

12. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    I own the BSY600 Synth as well and it is a great pedal. Funny that you own and you talk it up, but its missing from your profile. :D:bag:

13. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    They generally sound pretty good, as they're mostly copies of other good pedals.

They're plastic, not that durable, so don't stomp hard.

Otherwise, considering the price, decent value for your money.

14. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    oppps! corrected (recently re-organized my board and forgot to write it in..trust me its there!)

15. The fact that they're copies is mostly why I'm asking which ones people prefer.

The plastic housing is my reason for building a special board to keep them safe. I don't use a ton of effects, just ones that are normally always on. I'm considering rehousing my BDI21 into a rack mount case.

The price is awesome on these. Another great reason to check them out. Heck, if enough of us buy them, maybe Behringer will upgrade them into metal cases!! (lol, as if!!)

16. You never know. :)

17. Pasted from another similar thread:

18. Thanks for contributing. Great info.

19. This thread is making me GAS hard for another Behringer pedal.

Must. Remember. My. Zoom. B3.

Arrgh!

20. I'm trying to decide which one to get this week!! At this price, a collection is gonna happen.

Now, to design a pedalboard for them. I've got a board already, but I want to make one, and this is a perfect reason!!