Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Poweramps? QSC?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, May 30, 2003.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Do you think the Behringer Europower 1500 is a good amp? Obviously it´s a shameless knockoff of the QSC RMX series. But I´m not made of money.
    Compared to the QSC RMX 1450 it is half the price here in Europe.
    Could there be that big of a difference in sound and reliability?
    BTW I´m going to use it in a bassrig driving two 4ohm 210`s in stereo.

2. Yeah over here in Europe the Behringers are the cheapest poweramps around!

I don't know about their quality and stuff, nobody owns them.

The Yamaha CP2000 is also one of the cheapest amps over here in Europe.

3. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about the exact same thing. I don't think anybody has had a chance to A/B the 2 power amps. Here in the US they are about 25% less than the QSC equivalent so the difference isn't quite as dramatic. Personally, I look at service as a big contributing factor. I know that if a QSC amp goes down, they will service it. I don't know about Behringer. But, if the price is low enough, power amps could become like VCR's, disposable.

4. The Behringer would definitely be less reliable. Behringer uses second-grade components, and underpaid assembly line workers in the far East. They can and will never outperform a "real" QSC.

But, hey, for half the price, it could be half as reliable. But you just might get lucky ;)

In general: you get what you pay for.

5. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I second the CP2000. Cheap and reliable. I wouldn't go the Behringer route on a power amp at this point. As Grey Beard noted (I have one, too,BTW), Stateside, the difference in price is not worth the aggrevation of having to deal with Behringer, IF something goes wrong. I have QSC amps and really like them. I also really like the Yamaha CP2000 and my Peavey 2600. All have served well. If you don't need the filtering options of the QSC, I believe it would be hard to beat the Yamaha for value...they are $409 here...delivered!

Kim

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ok. Thanks.
    The CP2000 is in the same preicerange as the QSC RMX1450 here. Which one would you get of those two?
    I think the Yamaha is 5kg lighter.

BTW the YAMAHA P 2500S looks nice. Any comments on that?
    [​IMG]

7. Very Clean, I like it.

8. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Anyone else know anything about the YAMAHA P 2500S?
    Would you advice me not to go with Yamaha?
    Does Yamaha poweramps have a good reputation in general?

9. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    The PII series is quite handsome. Howerver, the P2500 and P3500 both put out less power than the CP2000--if that is an issue. The CP2000 falls between the P3500 and P5000, powerwise.

As far as reliability issues, we haven't had any--one of our 3500s is over a decade old and still hasn't missed a lick!

Kim