Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Questions - Yes I've Searched and Read Every Other Behringer Thread...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cgworkman, Aug 31, 2004.

1. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    I've read here on Talkbass all the Behringer threads there are. I've seen all the "controversy", and the opinions for and against.

My question is:

Are all of Behringer's products "copies"? Are any of their products original to them?

I'm not interested in purchasing any new equipment right now, let alone Behringer's stuff - I'm just curious if anyone knew.

Bring on the "Controversy!" :D

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't know. I do know that some of the "copies" are better than others and that it's something of a gamble (my experience). I've forsaken them personally, but there are quite a lot of people who use their stuff.

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    OMG, NOT THAT!!!!

OOOOOhhhhh, the humanity of it alll...............

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Cold Blooded!:D

5. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Actually, I have a few simple questions to be answered. That's all.

I'm mature enough to handle that - I'm not sure about everyone else though...

6. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    I didn't bring one of them up because I'm not trying to argue ethics or anything else - I'm simply curious - That's all...

7. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I've always been one that was of the mindset that people should buy whatever they want, & if Behringers it, then by god, buy it.

So, I actually test drove a 60watt Behringer combo the other day, because my son's in the market for a cheapo practice amp he can take back & forth between my house & his moms & his buddies he plays with.

Truth be told, it was loud. But, I hated its sound. Plus, as I was playing, I kept hearing this nagging voice that I can only assume was/is Bob Lee transposed by my brain, "Behringer is evil. Behringer is evil". LOL...

I dunno, I just felt dirty. Maybe I'm a victim of social engineering?

8. as far as i know, the older behringer models (I.E. bx1200, and such combos) are not copies, but i will admit, the knew head looks suspiciously like ashdown to me, and the same thing with the cabs, only with hartke.

:bag:

Charlie