Behringer reliability - same question but with a new twist

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Oct 24, 2005.

1. I am wondering about the reliability of Behringer combos. I've heard all kinds of negative things about them quitting, but not so many things recently. I read somewhere today that Behringer has switched their manufacturing from where it was to their own plants and that quality control has gone up. Has anybody bought any Behringer combos and how are they holding up? I'm thinking of buying this one:

By the way, I own a BX3000T and have for about a year. I haven't had one problem with it. I've just heard that their combos might be a bit iffy.
  2. I had a BX600 combo for a while.

It wasn't my favourite sound of all time, but it was reliable.

3. maybe people have realized behringers products are fraudulant, cheap, and poorly QC'd, and they have decided to not buy them but buy something more reliable and trustfull?
  4. el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    Or maybe not. :)
  5. I'd like to know how many people have actually tried Behringer products before bashing them.
  6. I can say that I honestly like the sound of my BX3000T head. I really like the sound I can get with the shape knob. I'm sure that every feature on it is copied from something else. I don't like the fact that it's made in China, but what do you do if you can't afford another bass head? It sounds amazing for $200.
  7. rockindillo

Oct 10, 2005
    I have a BX1200 which is amazing. I bought it to use at all-night jam sessions which I am paid to host at residential blues weekends around the UK.
    I have to supply drumkit, PA, guitar, bass and harmonica amps and I have a Ford Mondeo estate with a small trailer to move the gear around - hence the appeal of the BX1200's light weight and small size.
    Mine was bought secondhand on eBay for £140 and it's now done nine all-night sessions (midnight-5am!) without a single problem.

The sound isn't to everyone's taste (it sounds rather middly up close, though out in the audience, you hear a really big, rounded bass sound - go figure!) but it really is a quite remarkable little beast for the size, the price and the weight.
    I'll be very interested to try one of the new 180-watt versions - or even the 300w 1x15 when they finally come out. Bring it on!!!
  8. Sojourner

Sojourner Supporting Member

I concur with Fourstringbliss. The shape feature is great. I've had my BX3000T head nearly two years and never had a single problem from it and it sounds as good as it did the day I got it.

I've noodled with a BX1200 combo a bit (they have one at church) but it always sounded too nasally for my liking...not enough lows. Tried DI'ing it for the first time a few weeks ago and when the DI was used the speaker cut out completely...then it would come in and out. Not sure what the deal was there. Sounds better DI'd directly to the board without the amp anyway.
  9. jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    ive had a behringer amp and cab for liek 4 months, and lets not say im so easy on it, and its been extremley reliable. and sounds just liek when it came out of the box.

10. rockindillo

Oct 10, 2005
    Did you try listing to the BX1200 from the audience's perspective? And was it in kickback mode at the time? Beleive me, it makes a big difference! As I said in my original post, mine is a bit middly close-up, but I'm always amazed how full and rounded the sound is when someone else is using it and I'm sitting out front listening. Somthing, I guess, to do with the placement of the port when it's in kickback mode.
  11. Sojourner

Sojourner Supporting Member

It's always in kickback mode so the bass player can hear (I play g**tar for this service), but it's fed through the house and sub anyway. Not a big deal out front in the mains at all, but just on stage it's so nasal sounding. I tweaked it a bit yesterday at practice and it sounded better this morning when he played, but still not a good rig sound.
  12. spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    I have been trying to wrap my mind around the whole Behringer battle for a few months now. I have tried the amps and cabs, and was very impressed. Regardless , the main reason why I won't buy a Behringer is because they are looked at as "Budget amps/cabs", and will not hold their value long.

You can buy a behringer 4x10 for a few hundred bucks, but if you ever decide to sell it you will basically be giving it away since you won't be getting much for it. This is why I see myself getting something that has been tried, tested and will last me a long time.
  13. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Behringer threads are real idiot magnets, but before this one goes totally south, I'll answer your question with as good an answer as you are going to get.

According to an engineer I know:

Read this...