Behringer Review in "Bass Player" (No Fighting Please)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Th9nker, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Okay, In light of all of the recent Behringer arguments, I thought I would just let everyone know that there is a review of the 3000 head and 4x10 cab in the latest issue of "Bass Player"... It was quite favorable for the head, not so much so for the cab... They didn't get into morals, copying, or even mention the Ashdown Mag head that it is based on...

Of course, I have NEVER seen a truly "BAD" review in a magazine for anything... (don't want to piss off your advertisers, right?)
  2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    actually, BP's policy is to supposedly not "waste time or space" by publishing reviews of bad products. i've seen some bad reviews in comparison shoot outs and such, but never a single product review. and also, i don't recall EVER seeing a behringer ad... at least not in BP
  3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    They didn't give the Bassfire 60 such a great review.

Also- is it just me, or does ed friedland seem to have a bit of an ego problem going on? (unrelated but I just saw his face again when looking to see what amp I was mentioning above)
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Ed is very down to earth. I've been part of discussions with him over at the dudepit and he's always been "just one of the guys".
    I will say, have heard his recordings and worked through parts of his instruction material.... IMO he's allowed to have some ego :smug:
  5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    OK. Fair enough - I don't know the guy. I sometimes get the sense though that rather than inspire people to get out there and play he makes it seem like "this is incredibly freaking difficult, you gotta be the best if you plan to do it" and then goes on to say "look what I did." Perhaps that's his way to inspire?

Also - I gotta confess here, I got annoyed at the "sub's tool kit" in his last woodshed thinking it's horrible to lead people to believe they need all that stuff if they want gigs... but I just re-read it and notice he says it's possible to find an instrument that that will do everything well, but good to have choices. My bad.

Sorry Ed.
  6. Behringer had to alter the design of one of there compressors a few years ago because pretty much component-for-component, they were the same as a Drawmer. Needless to say they did and I don't think (don't quote me ok?) Drawmer followed the law suit through...