Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer rigs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by conk97, Aug 20, 2005.

1. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    I have read many things about these amps but i just saw this link and i think i might save up and ordering one.

I wanna know which rig would be best to buy and if any of you have used any of the cabs/heads?

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Personally I would go check out the stuff that Dave has at www.avatarspeakers.com IMO much better quality, craftsmanship, and overall playability.

But I have heard some ok behringer reviews, if thats as far as your budget can go thats fine.

Just my 0.02$

:bag: :ninja: :bag:

-Rob

3. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I currently use the BX3000t head and a BA115 cabinet. That combination gives me a nice fundamental bass tone. Plenty of bottom from the 15 and the head gives me a variety of tones from reggae dub to modern slap. I have owned the head since 11/03 and have not had a problem with it yet. The aluminum coned 15 has a quicker and brighter response. The cab also has a switchable tweeter so for those who don't slap and can't stand any highs in your tone than just swtich it off. I like it on and it is pretty quiet. I use this setup as my extra/practice rig. I use the head with my Avatar cabs when I need the full power from the head and don't want to bust out my rack(BBE pre with Behringer poweramp). I have tried the aluminum 410 cab and it did not have enough bottom for me. Mids for days but could not handle the low B from my 5 and 6 string.

If this is what you can afford then get it. I get serviceable tone from my setup and have not had any problems. There are many bashers on this forum who have not personally tried the B products in different settings. If you can go try the stuff out then give that a shot and see what you like. Avatar may be out of the question for you because you are overseas and the price may be a little different with the european distributor.

4. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    cheers for the info dude.

I might know somewhere that i can try it out but im not to sure of it yet. I had a look at the Avatar and living in england it seems its gonna be hard and prolly very expensive to get one shipped out to be.

5. sumrnitz

sumrnitz

Aug 7, 2005
    I use the BX3000t head BA210 cabinet and a BA115 cabinet stacked. Fabulous little setup that doesn't break the bank. I really would encourage you to go play one. I agree that the 210 wouldn't handle a 5 or 6 string alone but coupled with the 15 it sounds superb. I play a 6 string and a 4 through it. They have an 18 coming out this fall. I'm looking forward to snagging one of those as well.
    sumrnitz

6. An 18 you say, link? i have been thinking about getting hold of an 18 but can't find any down here. I wonder if you can get it is aluminum cone too?