Behringer rigs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by conk97, Aug 20, 2005.

1. conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    I have read many things about these amps but i just saw this link and i think i might save up and ordering one.

I wanna know which rig would be best to buy and if any of you have used any of the cabs/heads?
  2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Personally I would go check out the stuff that Dave has at IMO much better quality, craftsmanship, and overall playability.

But I have heard some ok behringer reviews, if thats as far as your budget can go thats fine.

Just my 0.02$

:bag: :ninja: :bag:

3. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I currently use the BX3000t head and a BA115 cabinet. That combination gives me a nice fundamental bass tone. Plenty of bottom from the 15 and the head gives me a variety of tones from reggae dub to modern slap. I have owned the head since 11/03 and have not had a problem with it yet. The aluminum coned 15 has a quicker and brighter response. The cab also has a switchable tweeter so for those who don't slap and can't stand any highs in your tone than just swtich it off. I like it on and it is pretty quiet. I use this setup as my extra/practice rig. I use the head with my Avatar cabs when I need the full power from the head and don't want to bust out my rack(BBE pre with Behringer poweramp). I have tried the aluminum 410 cab and it did not have enough bottom for me. Mids for days but could not handle the low B from my 5 and 6 string.

If this is what you can afford then get it. I get serviceable tone from my setup and have not had any problems. There are many bashers on this forum who have not personally tried the B products in different settings. If you can go try the stuff out then give that a shot and see what you like. Avatar may be out of the question for you because you are overseas and the price may be a little different with the european distributor.
  4. conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    cheers for the info dude.

I might know somewhere that i can try it out but im not to sure of it yet. I had a look at the Avatar and living in england it seems its gonna be hard and prolly very expensive to get one shipped out to be.
  5. sumrnitz

Aug 7, 2005
    I use the BX3000t head BA210 cabinet and a BA115 cabinet stacked. Fabulous little setup that doesn't break the bank. I really would encourage you to go play one. I agree that the 210 wouldn't handle a 5 or 6 string alone but coupled with the 15 it sounds superb. I play a 6 string and a 4 through it. They have an 18 coming out this fall. I'm looking forward to snagging one of those as well.
  6. An 18 you say, link? i have been thinking about getting hold of an 18 but can't find any down here. I wonder if you can get it is aluminum cone too?