behringer`s new compact pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Terrorstorm, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi,
    have heard/seen that behringer is going to release small compact pedals based on the pedals from boss..
    you know, they also did so with the Line 6 Pod.
    look at this link,
    the behringer bass overdrive, just a different colour, but everything else as seen on the boss odb 3!

in Austria they`re not out to buy yet, but comming for 2005

and they will be very cheap. i lookied at an austrian online - music - store, there they will be sold with € 22!!!
  2. thats pretty sick...behringer couldn't even change the color. They are too lazy to even be sneaky about it. they are so blatent!
  3. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    At least they changed the position of a couple knobs. Pretty weak Behringer. :rolleyes:
  4. LOL.

That is horrible.

HAHAHA! Look at this:

5. hey if they work, or at least if they work well (which i have no opinion concerning) and cost less, who cares who they copied?
  6. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    yeah, who cares about things like intellectual property, upholding patent laws, reverse engineering of current protected designs and other such things that are part of what keeps our economy alive

hey in fact, lets all photocopy the next harry potter book and sell them for half price, and burn our mp3s and sell those too for 25% of the going rate
    </end sarcasm>
  7. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Moral Patent Attorney's!
  8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Usually it takes half a page of posts to get to the real Behringer bashing. You guys got right out of the gate. :D
  9. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I think they only changed the knobs to go from expensive stacked pots to cheap single pots......

Heard rumors that these pedals will be $25 CDN.
  10. I was with you until the end sarcasm part. Honestly.
  11. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    why would anyone want to copy the odb-3 anyway?
  12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think we can believe this rumor, since it comes from the Behringer page. :)
  13. To be fair the pod copy (v-amp) sounds much different than a real pod. And no, it doesn't sound 'worse' or 'cheap'.

These new pedals are pretty 'iffy'. I mean they could have put flames or written 'punk' on it. They look very generic right now.
  14. I dunno but my main problem with those stompboxes is that anything that is meant to be stepped on and at least lightly abused should not be made with cheap, easy breaking parts. We've all heard how the jacks are directly soldered onto the circuit board and so on.
    On the other hand, somtimes they do an allright job, their Mackie copied mixing boards have always done right by me.
  15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

The guys who worked hard to design them who might be out of the job because someone stole their work and is making money off of it instead of them.

Thats who.

Oh, and any decent human being.
  16. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I also don't like Behringer mainly beacause I don't like pedals assembled by little Chinese children in sweat shops.

Now if they come up with something original and paid their workers a fair wage, maybe I'd concider them.
  17. You'Re from carinthia... that's cool, me too.

Check out ... a great community for carinthian musicians.

18. hehe, hallo! ja, von wo bist du denn genau?
    ich von Wolfsberg. Hab gerade einen Blick aufs Forum, auf das du hingewiesen hast geschaut!... Den Polsi kenn ich ja sogar, der da auch registiriert ist.
  19. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Word is Roland's lawyers has been in touch and these pedals will be 'delayed' - possibly indefinitely! (heard from music store employee, so take with grain of salt :) )

20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.