Behringer strikes stomp boxes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tekhna, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    crud....im actually curious as to how they sound and how durable they are. things like the boss clones and what not i wouldnt look at since i could get used boss pedals close to new behringer ones but things like the bddi copy... sheesh...thats a huge price difference.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Those appear to be pretty standard jack sockets that are on some lower end pedals and they hold up fine. They're tight in the hole I believe. Also, the EHX Copies appear to have Switchcrafts, so I'm even more happy about those. And the best part, I won't even have to modify it for a BOSS addapter because they're a pain to drill through sheetmetal.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    If they sound good, I would buy one. I really like the price on that BDI clone. I have to check it out.

4. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    It's the same jack style as the newer Ibanez pedals. Never had a problem with either of mine.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    THAT's what it is. I knew I've messed with them before, but couldn't remember on what pedal.

6. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Good for buyers, bad for manufacturers. For most it will be impossible to offer something with the same features at the same price just because of the savings that come with large scale production.

The only option is to make pedals with - say - a ridiculous number of controls, and hence make cloning a crazy idea. :)

Mike

7. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I wish they'd at least copy things that are out of production like the Deep Impact and the Unibass. I'd love to try those out but even the used price puts them out of reach. From my experience their stuff seems to be hit or miss. I had a V-amp but it was junk, but I have one of their mixers (MX2442A) and a direct box and they rock.

8. Suckbird

Suckbird Inactive

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    They look kinda... cheap?
    And boring...
    :bassist:

9. Rav

Rav

Dec 29, 2004
    Aurora, IL
    Some of these pedals would be pretty hard to make any worse than the major manufacturers already have. Alot of effects pedals are very simple in design and construction.

I would be willing to bet that no more than $10 in parts go into even the best ones on the market.

Not to mention the fact that the "top of the line" ones everyone seems to be so in love with have horendously bad specifications to start with.

If your pedals are so great why do you need a noise gate on the end of your effect loop?

This sort of goes with the "Are expensive basses worth it or are you just paying for a name" threads.

-Rav

10. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Single coil pickups + distortion = mega noise!

11. I would buy them and use them without hesitation as long as they sound good.

Ive always considered effects etc as overpriced for what you get, Boss pedals as a good example, its brand name pricing again.

It will be interesting to see how well they do and at least it might force the big boys making huge profits to drop their prices accordingly.

Good for you Behringer, and when are you bringing out the

AMPEG SVTCL all tube clone bass head for £300.00 with 5yr warranty ??

12. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK
    Sansamp BDDI is what? ~£200

If that BDI is cheap, its mine, simple as.

13. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Whoah... I'm having some kind of Zen moment, here.

Joe

14. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah - like that 'Boston Emulator' that was out years ago. Just plug it in, and evey song sounds like Boston.

What was that thing called?

Joe

15. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    Where is their MuTron and AI Focus clone? :crying: :bag:

16. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    The RockMan.... :meh:

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    This makes me sick!:spit:

If Guitar Center starts carrying these Ill do everything I can to make sure that no one in my department sells any. I already have a tough enough time getting around selling Behringer stuff but if they start marketing their pedals then its going to be really tough since thats the bulk of my sales.

18. Who? Mike from Nickelback or NTB? :D

Have you seen Behringer's speaker cabs? Blatant Hartke knock-offs. I'm told they sound rather good though.

Russ :bassist:

19. I'm also very interested.. I'm i've been really satisfied with behringer in the past I've got one of there mixers( and they are a compleet Mackie clone) and it's absolutly superb. I've also got aan Behringer BB115 bass cab (hartke clone) and it sounds really good !! Everything Behringer makes are clones (i've tried there one of their dynamic microphones (which is a compleet SURE SM-85 ripoff) and it sounds just the same !!) The only thing behringer lacks.. is build quality.. Lots of their products are made in plastic whereas the originals are made in a sturdy metal construction but the inner workings are almost identical.

But I don't know about the pedals.. they are EXTREMLY CHEAP.. suspiciously cheap !! but we'll all have to test them before we can judge them .

20. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    Just an FYI about the pictures, those are renderings, not the actual product (at least the pedals are). While they are representative of the product, I'd except them to change a bit by the final product.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.