Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer ULTRABASS BX 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sojhen, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Before you chastise me for owning a behringer product.. I'd just like to say it was a christmas present. (I did'nt even see it coming) Although it would'nt have been my choice I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Well, my main motivation for posting this thread is to ask if anyone might own one themselves or have had any experiance with one. Maybe a quick rate out of ten. As far as what I am looking for in an amp it is this: Small enough that transportation isn't much of an issue. And the ability to be heard amongst at least one guitarist and a drummer. Any other snippets of info or anything at all welcome ...

2. It's a nice little amp...no matter what the origin/design/etc.

The shape function is very nice - although I found that I used the EQ more often than not for my sound. The speaker is rated to 100 watts...the amp to 60. If you want to look at the speaker (to make sure it's the 100 watt version), just pull off the front screen (it's velcro'd on) and unscrew the driver. This was an issue with the BX600 (many were shipped with 50 watt speakers - Behringer will replace it for free if they messed this up on yours).

I found the amp very nice and usable for the church and jazz bands...louder than you might think, actually. The 12" driver is fairly nice tonewise as well.

The line out is unbalanced; however, I never had issues running it into the PA through a nice direct box. I wish they would have used hardwood instead of MDF for the construction as the weight (55lbs) for me was a bit much for a 60 watt combo amp. Other than that, I had no complaints - and I played it in front of an audience at least 60 times. If you have any other questions, let me know.

I eventually sold it to my church as they wanted their own "backline" bass amp for the future.

Overall I would rate it an 8.5 out of 10 - the only points off are for the weight and the lack of a balanced D.I. out.

Jay